An Investigation into the Tribble Incursion By: Beeporama
Taking a closer look at the tribble.
If you've opened a Mystery Box lately (or played through April Fool's Day of 2013) you've probably had a tribble (or two, or three, or twenty) in your inventory. But what are they? We've mentioned them before in Issue #22, but let's dig a little deeper.
Fans of Star Trek will recognize them immediately. These fictional creatures were known for being small, round, furry, adorable... and for reproducing at an astounding rate. This will be obvious to players whose heroes picked up a tribble, only to find themselves carrying a dozen a few hours later.
Tribbles will gradually multiply, taking up more and more of a player's inventory slots. Most traders won't buy tribbles, so eventually, the hero will be unable to carry more valuable artifacts. Eventually the hero will sell them, but it's hard to say whether the cost is worth the trouble of losing so much inventory space for the day or so it takes...
At this point, you're probably asking, "but what can I do about them?"... unfortunately, not much, other than try to avoid getting them. They are found in activatable artifacts like the Box With A Question Mark, Deus Ex Machina, Mystery Box, etc., which generally cost 50% godpower and can make a "good or bad" thing happen to the hero. With a lot of luck, you might be able to lose one to a pickpocketing boss; but this is unlikely, and you frequently get several at a time. If you aren't carrying much else but tribbles, you might try a "die" voice command... but the best thing to do might be to wait it out! You can pass the time playing The Tribble Game while you wait.
For more information you can check out the GodWiki article on tribbles, which I largely wrote (although anybody with more information is welcome to edit it!) or PM me. A good deal of my information came from other gods, so like any other part of the game, you can always turn to Guild Chat or Palringo for help.
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Mavin of the Macabre, the Mistress of Mystery, our very own Empress: Bellatrixie The Strange!
Today I'm reaching into my mailbag to grab two
hand picked perfectly random letters from my readers. And our winners are...
I've killed over 200 boss monsters, and won more than a few skirmishes. Do you have any suggestions for all these dang ears?
Tears for Ears
Here are a few of the ways I use my extra monster ears:
- They say you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but what evil goddess wouldn't love a monster ear handbag? With a variety of sizes, colors, skin types and hairs, you can make a fashion statement for every outfit!
- For those of you who like to putter around in the kitchen or at the fire torture pits, monster ears make wonderful hotpads for lifting that cake out of the oven or that enemy out of the flames. Don't ruin a perfectly good hornicure!
- Tired of Dark Flame rings eating into your furniture? Try monster ear coasters! Many are quite resistant to Dark Flame's corrosive properties. But steer clear of the warty ears. Spill a Dark Flame and say goodbye to your coffee table or bar.
- I've heard from some Knights Who Say Ni that large monster ears make lovely tea cozies. I cannot attest to this, as I absolutely do not understand the concept of drinking tea (I mean, really, why?), but perhaps some of our Knightly readers may find this useful.
How many different kind of chips can go into a kitty sammich?
Munch 'n Crunch
Well, it really comes down to taste, doesn't it? Do you want the salty crunch of potato or corn chips? Or the sweet taste of chocolate or butterscotch chips? Perhaps you prefer the earthy goodness of cow chips, or the breath-freshening properties of cedar chips. For extra roughage, try wood chips. It's up to you. However, I would NOT recommend Lucky God Casino chips. They're much more useful outside your tummy.
Down in the dumps about your home or temple's decor? Send Bellatrixie the Strange (aka Bella Stewart) your questions directly or submit them to any member of the newspaper staff.
Get to know a Goody-goodie
NEW FEATURE! In an effort to better understand the
He said his hero jumped out of a cake... We know better.
weaker other side of the personality spectrum, we’ve decided to launch a series of interviews of goody-goodies from all over Godville. Think of it as investigative reporting. This week’s goody is: Budapesties . He’s not always a goody-goodie, but he’s certainly played that side of the coin. And, let’s face it, this whole series is here to help Hariplug4men wrap his head around the Saint 1st Rank achievement (shudder), so who better to start with than the first god to have all 12 1st ranks?
- First I’d like to thank the wonderfully entertaining and informative “Harvest Weekly” for finding me even slightly interesting enough to ask questions to. So thank you to all the hard workers out there that bring this to us weekly. clears throat Ok go...
- Q: Killing with kindness, is that a real thing?
- A: I’m really not sure, I’m pretty sure that kindness can put you on the wrong end of a Smoting... Using ni as a weapon rather than a weakness, one will find that Saints are in fact very powerful.
- Q: How do you punish a misbehaving hero?
- A: You might remember, I spent time getting to Cardinal for the Careerist achievement with a “Fabulass” Blood Moon Queen... A trifling hero is to be hit hard and often with mighty vengeance from the sky, or I turn all the beer to water until point is proven.
- Q: If dead puppies don’t make you smile, what does?
- A: A beautiful Shrubbery or a fresh Herring sandwich from Jewelz .
- Q: When in the arena, do you cringe when you have to use the punish button?
- A: Why NO! I enjoy the “Smote” button.
- Q: Embracing death, is
it ...ni difficult for a goodie?
- A: Being a God ni really wasn’t too hard embracing the death and resurrection of my Hero. What bothers me is the delay of retirement funds, this means I have to help this
thing hero around longer.
- Q: What’s the most evil thing your hero has ever done?
- A: That is something I swore I’d never speak of again... (he snuck into the closet.)
- Q: Where does your hero hide his coin purse?
- A: Last time I looked, ni was tucked neatly away at the bottom of SBFH ’s purse...
- Q: Where do good heroes go when they die? (They don’t go to heaven where the angels cry.)
- A: Mine always ends up naked, stealing doormats, and using his “spookiness” to ransack taverns for free beer.
- Q: What is your dream outfit for your hero?
- A: I believe there was a picture taken as ni burst threw a cake...
- Q: What advice should I give to somebody who’s “testing the goody-goodie waters” out?
- A: Those waters have Shannonous and SBFH swimming around in them (not bad company).
If you have a question for a goody-goodie or know of a kind, virtuous, or Pure Good! god/dess you’d like to know more about, submit your questions or ideas to the HMWH staff. Thank you.
- What: A new guild!
Where: The new erra guild forum.
Why: Stop by and welcome the new neighbors.
- What: Drinking pantheons!
When: All the time!
Where: The Skeatseria Lodge guild forum.
Why: All of our hero/ines are wasteful idjits - this is the one place that will reward you for their idiocy!
- Mapk whose hero earned his place as a Prophet in Harvest Moon this week! Congratulations!
- Happy birthday this weekend (August 11) to Somnias Vagus ! Hope you have an evil and wonderful day!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#933 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1180 g.e.
|Argoet - 83rd-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “Champion of the Moon ☾”, stands at the 22nd position in the pantheon of might under the vigilant supervision of the god Ulvolose . He is deeply gratified by his place in the pantheon and is not planning to give it up any time soon.
|Alainia - 71st-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “☾Blood Moon Princess ”, stands at the 119th position in the pantheon of savings under the vigilant supervision of the goddess Ceccetticat . The heroine has no distinctive features to date; however, she promises to get some before her next appearance.
- We are proud to announce that Nekomancer may or may not have been nominated for the Nobel Ideaboxing Prize.
|#936 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1183 g.e.
|Prospector - 74th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “Herp Derp }:->”, stands at the 33rd position in the pantheon of destruction under the vigilant supervision of the god Darkyyy . The hero has no distinctive features to date; however, he promises to get some before his next appearance.
|Zostacular - 68th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “☾ Zoson of Spoltog ☾”, stands at the 107th position in the pantheon of survival under the vigilant supervision of the god [http://godvillegame.com/gods/Zoson Zoson . She's asking someone to find a pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow and report the results via telegram.
|#937 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1184 g.e.
|Merille - 74th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “For the heart I once had!”, stands at the 34th position in the pantheon of savings under the vigilant supervision of the god Japs . She is a huge fan of Godvillewood’s pubs.
Member of the Week
Get to know a member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Gaplin
Pretty, evil... pretty evil!
- Q: What is your favorite salty snack?
- A: What could possibly taste better than salted alpaca toe? So crunchy!
- Q: What GV pet would you like to have?
- A: Any pet as long as it doesn't get knocked out every 5 seconds! Wouldn't it be great if our pets could get abilities like boss monsters do? Auriferous pet please!
- Q: What song do you love to dance to?
- A: Anything by my hero, the wonderful Gabrielle Aplin is a Goddess on earth <3
- Q: What are your hero's marketable skills?
- A: Marketable skills eyy? Well Gaplin is one hell of a singer! Wait you mean my actual hero? Well.. Er.. Umm.. She's pretty good at dying? I guess?
- Q: Do you get emotional using Encourage when in times of crisis?
- A: Yes. It's a horrible time when you've actually got to help out the little gal, almost brings a tear to one's eye pressing the button :'(
- Q: Do you have any hidden talents?
- A: Hidden talents? I didn't even realize I had any talents on show!
- Q: If you had to eat your hero, which part of the body would you tuck into first?
- A: Eat... Gaplin??? I...i...i... I don't want to!! sighs I guess I'll start with her toes, too. Maybe they'll be just as tasty as an alpaca's.
- Q: Of all of the equipment out there, what is your ultimate, dream “outfit” for your hero?
- A: In all honesty I'd love to see Gaplin running around naked! I didn't create her so beautiful for no reason y'know?. But if you insist, A full set of Icarus items fitted with the infamous Icarus Wings! An Irresistible Force Field for a shield though, she needs that for the aforementioned beauty.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!'
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|NEW: Buy my book today and learn the two things every god must know to get their hero to obey. "Dip Sticks Tips" by V.C. Sticks, available at all fine bookstores.
AMAZING DEAL: Stock up and save today! Come by Bestie’s Equipment in Beerburgh and save lots! Limit: one item per customer.
FOR SALE: They say you can't buy happiness... They lied. Now selling happiness by the vial. Call 555-SCAM today!
PSA: Having problems with arena potency? Well... What the heck's wrong with you? I'm Issu and I approve this message.
PERSONAL: Heroine with an interest in crafting seeks trustworthy friend. Visit the Lonely Heroes Dating Service for more info!
FOR SALE: Get the latest Girls Gone Wild: Faces of Death edition today! Buy now and receive Oingo Boingo’s single “Dead Man’s Party” absolutely free! Available at your local mortuary while supplies last.
SPECIAL OFFER: Take a look at all the latest, greatest equipment on the market today for only 50% of cost! Other 50% due at time of purchase. Offer only valid WAC on the third Tuesday of months containing an O. All sales final.
Over the Moon
The Weekly Harvest Quiz
Games and winners and prizes! Oh, my!
How to play:
- Each week, there will be four “questions” posted here (and only here) in the Weekly Harvest. Answers to the questions can be found in the wiki, on the HM web site, in the forums or will be math/logic-based.
- Your “answers” must be in question form (a-la Jeopardy!).
- Answers must be submitted via the Harvest Moon Forum. Answers only, please! Don’t give away the questions to non-WH readers.
- The first god/dess to get all four questions right will win four (4) charges and be automatically entered to play in the Over the Moon Championship, held monthly on Palringo (yes, you’ll need to join Pal to play).
- The winner of the OtM Championship (to be based on a different game show each month) will receive 45 charges!!
This week’s Answers:
- United States, Puerto Rico, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guam, Virgin Islands, Turks and Caicos Islands, Northern Mariana Islands, East Timor, and American Samoa. This is what these places have in common besides the obvious.
- This actor who won an award in the 1997 MTA Movie Award is afraid of this type of door.
- This rare stone, no longer found in nature, can only be found in any substantial quantity inside of one US state's capital building.
- This entity has the ability to transform to anything aside from one part, open any lock, create strong winds, and can identify any evil even if it looks innocuous.
Congratulations to Never More for answering last week’s quiz! He’ll be joining Godofbeer in the Championship round. Who will be next? It could be you! See you in the forum!
Hidden Shadows Riddles
How to play:
When is a door not a door?
- Each week, a riddle will be posted in here (and only here) in The Weekly Harvest.
- To try to solve the riddle, post your answer on Hidden Shadows guild forum.
- Do not worry about the previous posts before you. If your answer is not listed yet, post it!
- You are given three tries. Once you’ve guessed three times, you will be unable to guess again.
- If the riddle is still unanswered two days before the next riddle is posted, anyone will be allowed to guess regardless of number of previous guesses.
- Answer will be posted the day of the new riddle should nobody figure out the answer.
- Winner will get a spot in sowing Sun’s Sunday sock puppet play.
- Play again next week to see if you can win!
This Week’s Riddle:
Full, I point the way, but empty and nothing moves me. I have two skins: one outside and one in. What Am I?
Congratulations to Artsonian for answering last week’s riddle! She was kept very busy playing all of the extras in Sunday’s Sock Puppet play at Sowing Sun. Answer this week’s and get your chance to shine! Good luck!