The Generations of Godville
The 2nd Generation By: Hairplug4men
No regrets!! ...Except that one thing that one time...
Last week, we discussed the “War-ridden” 1st Generation. Today we discuss the “Ignorant but Ambitious” 2nd Gen.
The Second Generation of Godville: 232 g.e. - 462 g.e
Gods 22-29 months old
As the wars of the 1st gens died down early in the 2nd generation, the gods who fought in them did not forget the battlefields after the peace came. Throughout the entire 2nd generation, many of these 1st gen gods argued about who did what to who and fairness and cheating... all the while new players were coming online with exciting updates to the droid app making Godville more like the browser version. The 2nd gen gods had no clue why people cared so much about fighting so viciously in the forums and many of them tried desperately to bring peace and lighten the mood.
Guilds were created around the entire notion of having no enemies and no fighting at all. Guilds like...
Blue Feather, Guild Name, Lucky God Casino and Ankh-Morpork City Watch, who state it best in their wiki: “...a model of diversity (though perhaps not efficiency) by recruiting heroes from all races, classes and abilities (or lack thereof).”
Things were looking up in Godville, if perhaps people couldn't forgive they may be just able to forget the transgressions of the past.
Great gods of the second generation:
- God Epoch – Taught us a gold coin is worth about $580.50.
- God Sniper – Travelled Godville spreading knowledge.
- God Issu – Although AFK for months now, still holds many spots on page one of the pantheon of gladiatorship, including 1st.
Favorite HM 2nd gen gods:
- God Zeerty – Just barely 2nd gen but an amazing answer machine!
- God Tchulmaak – My arena idol. Always helpful and always deadly in the arena!
Godville Generations Exposed:
- Day 1 – Dec. 28, 2010: Generation 1 “War Ridden”
- Dec. 28, 2010 – Aug. 15 2011: Generation 2 “Ignorant and Ambitious”
- Aug. 15, 2011 – Apr. 3, 2012: Generation 3 “All GV Can BE”
- Apr. 3, 2012 – Nov. 20, 2012: Generation 4 “Spoiled”
- Nov. 20, 2012 – Jul. 7, 2013: Generation 5 “The Altolution”
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank,
My heroine refuses to obey my heal VCs many times throughout my day, and I end up with not enough GP to punish her. What can I do to make her listen to me since she is too stupid to heal herself?
Signed, Too evil to Punish
Dearest, There’s no such thing as TOO EVIL!
Why, in the name of all that is unholy, are you so concerned for your heroine’s health? Let her rot in the field for a couple of hours next time she dies and she might think twice before ignoring you again. I see so many “evil” god/desses who jump to resurrect their hero/ine the second they die and I think, “Why?” When Riff-raff kicks it, I take the opportunity to ignore him completely and get some things done around the guild hall, go shopping for a new corset, or yell at him while he’s a... captive audience.
“What? This isn’t a good time for you? Too busy now? Maybe next time you’ll listen when I tell you to heal!”
Does it work? Nope. Do I feel better? Sometimes. At the very least, I’ve amused myself by taunting his sentient corpse as he begs for mercy. Keep in mind that a well-placed punish can kill the monster for your heroine or even heal her when you least expect it. No Godpower to Punish? Spend it on asking for a prayer or two instead of a heal command and you may get exactly what you need.
Fun with Fiends
Here we sit down periodically with a common opponent (a.k.a. a Godville monster) and find out what’s behind the mask. This week’s fiend is: Lonely Hive Mind.
We’ll make you wish you were dead.
- Q: Why do you fight heroes?
- A: A: Heroes have pets. Pets are good company. We want their pets, or to be their pets. We are lonely.
- Q: Why do you use the royal We?
- A: We are many. We are lonely.
- Q: Have you ever tried a dating service, a social network adapter or similar to find company?
- A: We have. Nobody wants Us. Everybody wants one. We are many. We are lonely.
- Q: What kind of hero do you prefer for dinner?
- A: We prefer heroes with pets. We can talk to their pet while eating. Pets are good company. We are lonely.
- Q: You can talk to pets?
- A: We are lonely.
This week’s interviewer was so depressed by the Lonely Hive Mind that he had to be wheeled out on a stretcher. We are currently plying him with kitten sammiches and Dark Flame and expect a full recovery. If you have a burning question for a Godville monster, or a particular monster you’d like to know more about, submit your questions or ideas to the HMWH staff. Thank you.
- What: No-holds-barred arena tourney.
When: Now until it’s over.
Where: The ToC forum in the Main Square.
Why: Round 2 ends this week, then it’s on to the insanity known as the semi-finals!
- What: VC-only sparring tourney.
Where: The Yggdrasil The Ash Tree guild forum.
Why: Round 3 has begun and the VCs are just getting funnier as we go. Come for the entertainment, be inspired to write new VCs for your hero/ine!
- What: Fun casino-style games as well as betting on the ToC and the ytat tourneys] (started June 1, Round 2 just completed).
When: Pretty much all the time.
Where: the Lucky God Casino forum.
Why: High-stakes gambling with no RL cost! You can’t go wrong!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#888 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1135 g.e.
|Jaaden – 96th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “…Join Harvest Moon! ☾”, stands at the 3rd position in the pantheon of might under the vigilant supervision of the god Syrocko . He was known to distribute counterfeit Godville invites during his youth.
|#889 GODVILLE TIMES Day 1136 g.e.
|Kozel – 69th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “Dont Panic! ☾arry a Towel”, stands at the 62nd position in the pantheon of taming under the vigilant supervision of the god Rufustjynd . Distinctive features: a reckless disregard for danger, and an incredibly high pain threshold caused by repeated exposure to blunt objects.
Member of the Week
Get to know a member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Hasbucket
If he’ll steal his hero’s bucket, just imagine what he could do to you!
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: Ever since I took the bucket from my hero, he became very evil. Harvest Moon was a logical choice. Strange because, Thatwalrus has such poor logic... interesting!
- Q: Where does your hero hide his coin purse?
- A: Thatwalrus has a potato sack he calls "bucket" and he keeps it very close to his heart.
- Q: Name some things that you and your hero have in common.
- A: My hero and I share a common insatiable hunger. He for bucket (and kitten sammiches), I for evil (and endlessly punishing him all day erry day).
- Q: What advice would you give a newer player?
- A: Best Advice for a young'n? Try the kitten, it's GOOD for you. Also, if you say to yourself, "to buy these charges is but the same as a mug of brew", beware! You're right. Over and over and over again. Your evilness will thank you.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: Kitten sammy toppings? kitty litter pâté. The pâté made of a litter of kittens. Or maybe the other litter… I do like to punish my hero!
- Q: Where would your hero go on his first date...assuming he ever gets one?
- A: An imaginary date? The humane society of course! Nothing satisfies an evil soul like holding a bunch of kittens and then, *ahem*, "rescuing" them. Bwahahahaha! *ahem*.
- Q: f you could change one thing about the City of Godville, what would it be?
- A: Change one thing about the city of Godville? All black everything, with a touch of blood-splatter. Also, Kitten Sammy buckets on the menu at EVERY tavern.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!'
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|WANTED: Golden dentures immune to gummy bear traps. Deliver to the goddess inside the bear trap outside Ceccetticat's temple.
RECALL: Attention! Gods who have any of the skills listed below may be eligible for a full refund. Please contact 279-NEED-NOW if your hero/ine may be affected.
- d i d b h d vv dd b n d d
- f w j s x h s s d n dr
- s t a s m s k f
- t al l dr i k o f w te r
WANTED: Inner demon in search of stupid host to feed off of. You’ll know me when you see me... or will you?
NEW: Trying to kick your kitty habit? Get the full-fur flavor without all that fat with the new pu... umm... kitty patch. Just lick ‘em and stick ‘em! Find them today at Chester’s Pharmacy in Anville.
|WANTED: Any being with the skills to knock someone upside the head with a large stick. One time job. Inquire at the bear trap outside Ceccetticat's temple.
TONIGHT ONLY: Live from Unspecifiedistan, the fabulous awesomePOSSUM... rhythm and blues review... for your dancing pleasure.
The Writers’ Coroner
|Where Creativity gets disembodied.
|Congratulations to the winner of the 1st Weekly Harvest, Writers’ Coroner Poetry Contest: Susan Sto Helit ! Thanks to all who participated and voted this go-round. As promised, here’s the stunning Susan’s stellar poem:
Hear Ye, Hear Ye, Ladies and Gents, Gods and Heroes from wide and far!
Our shields and swords, with nicks and dents, call upon you wherever you are,
And bring to you the sands of the ring! The Arena cries your name in lust!
Brings us your blood and our hearts will sing your glory in wins, your fall in dust!
The Gates are open! Heed your call! And in return we may just spare
A place in History for you all. Come and join us! If you dare...
Over the Moon
The Weekly Harvest Quiz
Games and winners and prizes! Oh, my!
How to play:
- Each week, there will be four “questions” posted here (and only here) in the Weekly Harvest. Answers to the questions can be found in the wiki, on the HM web site, in the forums or will be math/logic-based.
- Your “answers” must be in question form (a-la Jeopardy!).
- Answers must be submitted via the Harvest Moon Forum. Answers only, please! Don’t give away the questions to non-WH readers.
- The first god/dess to get all four questions right will win four (4) charges and be automatically entered to play in the Over the Moon Championship, held monthly on Palringo (yes, you’ll need to join Pal to play).
- The winner of the OtM Championship (to be based on a different game show each month) will receive 45 charges!!
This week’s Answers:
- Your hero leaves the Harvest Moon Guild Hall and travels at 60 mph on his Heffalump to a neighboring guild hall and 50 mph coming back using the same path. He rode a total of 5 hours away and back. This is the distance from the Harvest Moon Guild Hall your hero visited. (Round to the nearest mile)
- This evil denomination separates the GV generations.
- These were three of the other names the Weekly Harvest could have been called.
- I have seven letters:
The first two stand for a boy.
The first three stand for a girl.
The first four are a brave boy.
The first six are addictive.
But all of my letters together stand for a brave girl.
This is what I am.
Congratulations to Miss SixthSatan , the winner of the last Over the Moon Championship round! Who will vie for the big prize next time? It could be you! See you in the forums!