Palringo: The What, Why and How
What is Palringo?
It’s only this weird some of the time. Really.
Palringo is a third-party chat application that many guilds use to talk with their members. It is also used to bring all guilds together to help each other and support the community at large.
Palringo is easy to set up and get started and is available on all platforms (iOS/Droid/PC). There are a bunch of groups dedicated to certain tasks inside Godville: HM’s Pet Cemetery (for help reviving your pet), HM Gold Diggers (for help finding a match when digging for boss monsters), and Godville’s C.A.F.E (to help people working towards their Coaching achievement), just to name a few.
How do I join Palringo?
Search the app store for Palringo if on an iOS. On Droid search the GooglePlay app. Go to Palringo.com for PC. If you’re unable to install the application, you can use Palringo.im.
You’re all signed up! What’s next? Before you join any groups, most of the members use their godname (not their real name) as their nickname on Palringo; this helps us find each other “in game.” The first group you’ll want to join is: godville (the password is: kitkat). This is a group open to all of Godville’s gods and goddesses, so come on in and say hi!
At Home with Bella Stewart
| Advice from the Mavin of the Macabre, the Mistress of Mystery, our very own Empress: Bellatrixie The Strange!
Today, I'm in the Harvest Moon kitchen to whip everyone's favorite - holiday fruitcake! In a medium sized cauldron, add:
- 12 cups flour - the weevils add extra protein!
- 4 eggs - this is where being a guild leader with your own feathered boa constrictor comes in handy. The hard part is getting the eggs away from her.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder - of course, our kitchen has none of this, but I've found gunpowder works quite nicely once the oven gets hot enough to ignite it.
- 2 cups nuts - and there are plenty of those around the guild hall (not naming names)
- 2 cups chewy bits - I just scrape up what's left of the puppies we've kicked in half.
- 3 cups sugar - sweet stuff at Harvest Moon? Not happening. But but it doesn't matter. No one eats fruitcake anyway.
Mix well and bake at 450 degrees for 60 minutes. You'll need some help getting it out of the oven, as it will weigh about 50 pounds. They make wonderful doorstops, weapons, or I have some here that I've carved into cute little Santa dogs. And now, to the pup-a-pult! Enjoy!
Next week: Send in your suggestions!
Down in the dumps about your home or temple's decor? Send Bellatrixie the Strange (aka Bella Stewart) your questions directly or submit them to any member of the newspaper staff.
Get To Know a Deity
Here we sit down weekly with a Harvest Moon warrior and find out what makes them tick. This week’s Deity is none other than the infamous: Sauriva 庙畜
Her heroine is older than Godville!
- Q: What is your favorite salty snack?
- A: As an evil goddess, I prefer crumbles of dreams doused with childrens’ tears, but any salted almond is good, too.
- Q: What are your hero's marketable skills?
- A: Her “tooth sampling” skill turned out to be not very efficient so she got “pocket hypnotoad.” It's good! She pulls it out of her pocket with it's eyes on the merchant and not herself occasionally.
- Q: What color underwear are you wearing?
- A: Under... what? What's that? I use overwear. And it's transparent!
- Q: Do you get emotional using Encourage when in times of crisis?
- A: I did that once. And then I had to buy a new laptop.
- Q: How do you like to spend your spare time?
- A: Drinking tea and plotting on taking over the whole world.
If you have a burning question for Harvest Moon's Deities, please submit them to the staff. Thank you!
Harvest Moon Merchandise
|New designs will be added to the Cafe Press Harvest Moon Store soon! There’s still time to order before the holidays. Just think how amazing the family portrait will look with everyone decked out in their Harvest Moon t-shirts and hoodies! The link to the shop is: http://www.cafepress.com/harvestmoonmerchandise.
|Come join us for our End-of-the-World-Eve party!
Next week, join us in the guild hall (the HM guild forum) for one heck of a party! The End of the World is upon us! It's all over on December 21, 2012 (956 g.e.) so we’re going to party... well... like there’s no tomorrow! Join us for the big event on Thursday, 955 g.e. See you there!
Famous HM Heroes This Week
|#703 GODVILLE TIMES Day 941 g.e.
|El Gusano - 58th-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “El chupacabra of the moon”, stands at the 92nd position 26th position in the pantheon of savings under the vigilant supervision of the god Great Apollo . The hero has no distinctive features to date; however, he promises to get some before his next appearance.
|#704 GODVILLE TIMES Day 942 g.e.
|Hammr - 91st-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “☾Evil heroes unite.......”, stands at the 26th position 26th position in the pantheon of destruction under the vigilant supervision of the goddess Hammrsgl . The hero has no distinctive features to date; however, he promises to get some before his next appearance.
- All responsibility for the originality of ideabox submissions was put on Appoloniaa 's shoulders.
|#708 GODVILLE TIMES Day 947 g.e.
|Shizium - 72nd-level adventurer, member of the “Harvest Moon” guild, with the motto “Muhahahaha!”, stands at the 154th position in the pantheon of templehood under the vigilant supervision of the god Shizik . The hero has no distinctive features to date; however, he promises to get some before his next appearance.
Member of the Week
Get to know a newer member of Harvest Moon! This week's guest is: Shadow Luxray
Shadow Luxray: Just one of many disguises.
- Q: How did you choose HM?
- A: I was just browsing the pantheons to see who was worthy of my allegiance. Naturally, any guild this deep in shadows deserves my loyalty.
- Q: Where does your hero hide his coin purse?
- A: I swear he has a new hiding place each time I check. Last time, I saw him pull it out of his Epic Beard.
- Q: Name some things that you and your hero have in common.
- A: The only thing I have in common with that idiot is how corrupted by darkness we are.
- Q: What is your favorite voice command?
- A: I love yelling at the guy to "Diggy diggy hole!" because his simple mind likes how catchy it is.
- Q: What toppings do you like on your kitten sammiches?
- A: The only thing I like on my kitten sammich is another kitten sammich.
What would you like to know about your Harvest Moon guild mates? Submit your questions to any member of the Weekly Harvest staff!
|Selling Evil Since Day 898 g.e.
|Public Service Announcement: Can’t stop creating alts? We can help. Altoholics Anonymous. Call 1-UR-NOT-ALONE
|Wanted: Only 112 friends to help me reach 1st Rank Coaching achievement. You made me ask again. Don’t make me beg. Call 1-866-SPAR-W-ME!
|Volunteers needed: We’ve got a party to plan! It’s the End of the World! Stop by the guild hall with any ideas for decor, party favors, or recipe requests.
|Warning: Evil, used solar bear salesman wandering around Godville. Do not be duped like I was! “He’s only sleeping...” The man lies, I tell you! LIES!
|For sale: Perfectly good pair of Icarus wings for only 800 gold OBO. Hurry! This deal won’t last forever! Supplies are limited!
Doctor Frank's Advice Corner
|Dear Dr. Frank,
First off, please don’t tell my guild I’m writing you. Surely nobody else would read a Harvest Moon publication, right? My issue: my guild is doing well, but they could be doing better. We have quite a few members, but not all of us can afford to spam miracles and influences in every town we come to. How can a non-paying, templeless god make a difference?
Signed, Can we make a Pauperlarity Pantheon?
Dearest Down-and-out in Godville-y Hills,
So, you’re not in Harvest Moon, eh? Hmmm... Whatever you do, DO NOT waste your God Power trying a few “Return to town!” voice commands before Punishing or (icky!) Encouraging the heck out of your hero when you have enough gold to melt a brick. Hit those buttons out in the field! Who needs a town for that? Really. It won’t make any difference. I promise. If you do find yourself in town, absolutely DO NOT wait until after selling to melt, either. I swear, it isn’t cheaper that way. Really! And, no matter what you do, DO NOT show this paper to your guild mates as I’m sure they’ll think this evil God is trying to mislead you. Which I’m not. Really. Why would I do that? Best of luck to you and your guild!
No question is too great or too small! Submit your questions for Doctor Frank-n-furter to any member of the staff. No invites? Send them via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.