The Remote Control is the only way a god can interact with their hero, but it sure is a good one. A better description of this strange device would be an English translation of its Russian Godville title: "Remote invasion of personal privacy."
It runs on a divine energy source called Godpower and is currently programmed with 7 ways to control a god's hero. There may possibly be more to be added in the future, so stay tuned!
- Voice of god - costs 5% godpower
- Encourage - costs 25% godpower
- Punish - costs 25% godpower
- Send to Arena - costs 50% godpower
- Challenge Friend - costs 50% godpower
- Resurrect - costs 0% godpower and is only available when hero is dead, which is unfortunate because I bet it's really useful
- Activate an Activatable Artifact - costs 0% to 50% godpower. Although technically not part of the remote control, a god can cause a hero to have a desire to a activate an activatable artifact by using the required amount of godpower for that artifact.
To make Godville a complete ZPG-game, the Remote Control can be disabled at the options page.