Quests are extremely difficult tasks with which a hero takes up their time. Well... at least it keeps them off the streets. Off the streets, and on the road!
Quests are categorized under:
Follow this link to see the complete List of Quests.
Quests are assigned randomly and vary in difficulty. The completion of a quest is measured as a percentage (shown in the quest progress bar), but what does questing involve?
The hero travels many miles and does whatever the quest requires while travelling. Each time they advance a milestone, their quest progresses a little bit more until it is complete. Along the way, they will be forced to fight for their life against nasty monsters and will encounter many strange things which they will document in their diary.
It is also likely that while questing they will gain much experience, gold and many artifacts. You can see what your hero is currently doing by looking at the Earthly News box at the top of the page. If the hero is questing, resting, travelling or even fighting, he will let you know via this constantly updated news feed. You can see a record of the hero's adventures laid out in their diary too.
The rewards gained from accomplishing quests can be great. These are the known rewards; sometimes more than one will be gained:
- Huge gain in Experience. (All quests give experience to the hero, even if he doesn't mention it in his diary.)
- A few hundred to a couple thousand Gold coins.
- A new piece of Equipment.
- Shiny new Gold brick.
As soon as a quest is completed, the hero will return to Godville and sell their whole inventory before blowing most of their money on useless objects. On their way out of the town, they will then be sent out on a new quest by a mysterious entity which is usually a strange man with an exclamation mark floating above his head, the Mayor of the town, an old sage in an ivory tower, a wandering monk, the town's gatekeeper, a knight of some respected guild, a message from heaven or even just a scroll they find on the floor, or which may have fallen from the sky and knocked them on the head. They will then embark on their new quest with much pride.
How to cancel a quest
This is particularly useful for preventing a hero from joining a different guild.
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is fighting a monster
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is in town
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is healing, including resting under a tree
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is selling items to a roadside trader
- Do not give the voice command while the hero is in a dungeon
If the hero does not respond, wait 30 seconds, then give the voice command again. Do not give more than two "cancel quest" voice commands within 60 seconds, because that would be a waste of godpower.
The hero can also refuse to cancel a quest. This can happen if several quests have been cancelled repeatedly. Example:
- "My Lord, I'm starting to get tired of returning, leaving good quests half-finished. Maybe I should finish this one first?"