Let there be light...
This influence is only available to a god once their hero has completed a Temple for them. It costs 50% Godpower to use. The number of miracles you can use in a certain space of time has a limit: the Godville Administrator does not look kindly on temple owners who overuse their newly found power. A sleeping Godville Administrator will roll over in a far away cave and may even take 50% of the Godpower from temple owners who abuse their privileges.
Unlike the other influences, miracles have a 100% success rate. They always benefit the hero in one of the following ways:
- Complete Recovery of Health
- Increases guild influence in the town they are currently in
- Instantly kills opponent (if currently fighting one obviously)
- Completes 25% of a quest
- Completes 5% of an epic quest
- Cause random monsters to drop bold and activatable artifacts into their inventory
- Upgrade one or more pieces of equipment
In the Arena or against a, instead of defeating the opponent, it has one of the following effects:
- It may remove the opponent's godpower and increase your own by the same amount (from 10-25%), ie. a vampire drain. Arena
- It may greatly weaken the opponents defences by damaging their armour allowing more damage to be inflicted in a shorter period of time. Arena
- It may suck experience points from the opponent. Arena/
- It may raise the opponent into the air and flip them upside down, causing one or more of their artifacts to fall out of their inventory and be destroyed. Arena/
Using miracles against boss monsters in allied fights is regarded as poor form due to the risk of destroying some or all of the boss's artifacts, which reduces everyone's potential profit from the fight.