|Habitat||Coral Reefs, Coastal / Tropical Waters, & Apartment Hallways|
|Tame at levels||80-109|
The Landshark is a tamable monster shark, but it lives on shore, particularly in hallways where it will knock on doors and pose as a delivery and/ or repair man. It will then deliberately mumble, speak softly, make up fake names, and proceed to say just about anything such as “flowers... plumber... candy gram... singing telegram... pizza delivery... pharmacy delivery” (etc) in order to try to get the resident inside to open their door. If successful, the land shark will then quickly place its jaws around the unsuspecting head of the person greeting them and completely devour them, leaving the detectives investigating the incident wondering why as they eat their egg salad sandwiches for lunch.
From Wikipedia (the always completely accurate resource): the landshark first appeared in 1975 in another dimension known as SNL, the legendary land where it is Saturday night every night and even the most terrible jokes are relevant - at least they are at the exact moment they are being told.
According to the original script for the skit from SNL of the radio announcement, “the landshark is considered the cleverest species of all sharks. Unlike the Great White shark, which tends to inhabit the waters and harbours of recreational beach areas, the landshark may strike at any place, any time. It is capable of disguising its voice, and generally preys on young, single women. Experts at the University of Miami Oceanographic Institute suggest that the best way to scare off the shark in the event of an attack is to hit or punch the predator in the nose. Now for the weather...”
In Godville, it is known to spew fire, surprising itself and its mortal enemies alike. It reputedly carries candy, however.
Diary Inclusions & Descriptions
- it’s a shark that walks on land
- can survive 60 times longer without oxygen than your hero
- is an elasmobranch able to resist energy depletion and to survive hypoxia
- can assist your hero during sailing excursions
- docile and easy to approach, doesn’t cause any harm to captors (otherwise heroes would never catch one)
- they always return to the sea
- they have many predators including larger fish, sharks, and parasites
- now lives among memes and may often be stopped for autographs, your hero may get jealous of their popularity