Page created and maintained by
Sireine (U • C • T)
Unauthorized edits will not be tolerated; please ask and then wait for her to get back to you.
If any are still interested in joining the now external RP, please Sireine , fill out a character sheet and make an account Dreamwidth.org and then contact . Also, feel free to visit here, the location of our new RP, and here for for all rules and information replacing Godville's own.
We welcome another new member, FluxKnight.
Between the dawn and the night, a prophecy was forged in the forgotten realm of Earth that foretold the end of another world -- a world of heroes, the world of Godville.
Caught up in their wars of attrition, those alleged forces of Good and Evil ignored the early warnings when a beautiful angel walked the lands during Godville's first age. They called her false by those who bathed in their ignorance and sinful delights.
Until she met with a sorceress who shared the name of a legend.
Until the angel's Lord and the forlorn legend made a pact: to plunge their champions into absolute chaos and prepare for day of battle, should the prophecy speak truth.
What is Idle Omens?
Idle Omens got its beginnings as Godville's own version of Good Omens, a novel by Neil Gaiman and Sir Terry Pratchett about the end of days.
Godville is a world bound by the knowledge of the geography of its realm, its milestones, and its many NPC inhabitants, such as the priests, shopkeepers, torch-carrying villagers and even the monsters our heroes fight. In fact, it will be those very NPCs that will be effected by the prophecy. When it comes to pass. Eventually. After all, all things that exist must surely come to an end.
This guild's mission is to face whatever force is driving this prophecy and stop it. After all, some of us like harassing the shopkeepers and getting thrown out of bars.
Until that fateful day, we're content being considered just another guild that has been caught up in the great Rank Wars of Godville. Our guild members can be found lounging within the ruins (to be restored, one day) that serve as their guild hall, or facing off against other Gods and Goddess and their champions in the Arena. We are a guild that focuses on the stories of our characters and so you may find yourself overwhelmed once you stumble upon our forum. Please, do not be, our RP has now moved on, and we welcome all to join us in what may be. For those interested in following the RP, please contact Sireine , first.
- By posting in our forum, you agree to have at least respected our guild's policy, although they are not your own nor do we expect you to follow our RP rules if merely posting for an event your own guild is having.
- All members of Idle Omens, however, must agree to our rules before joining. They're not too strict, but are in place to prevent certain events from repeating themselves.
Joining Idle Omens is easy, but belonging requires some degree of interaction with other guild members.
- To join, a simple voice command of join "Idle Omens" after reaching level 12 will do the trick.
- Issue the voice command when your hero is between fights, not in town or healing. Do not cancel your current quest, as that changes the hero(ine)'s state to returning to town, in which most, if not all, voice commands are ignored.
- This can take several times, so be warned. It is most effective to wait between 20 and 30 seconds between VCs before issuing another.
- We do ask that all members add this symbol: ♝ to their mottoes. References to idleness are optional, though it does make us seem more cohesive. Feel free to look at other members' mottoes if you need help deciding.
- We do not expect every member to join in the RP, but greatly encourage that they help us keep our standing as one of the more prominent new guilds among Godville in popularity, dueling. And, please spread the word to your friends. The more interest we have in this guild, the better chance we have of reaching even higher.
Once a splendid temple that was built by a forgotten cult to idolize a god-like Sorceress, this ruin is but a remnant of those days gone by. The many years of neglect have lead to the growth of gigantic trees that blanket the temple grounds in shadows, even on the brightest of days.
In its prime, the temple was a two-story complex with several basement levels developed by beings who trespassed through time. Now, it remains as a curious ruin that can be found after a short walk through some forestation just before the River Kraktor runs into Vector Field. Many of its upper levels are inaccessible due to broken ramps or damaged stairs, and only a few actual rooms seem to have remained fully intact.
Pillars and statues adorn the mossy paths, giving it an almost garden-esque look to the ruin. In the center lies a chamber that appears to have been used for ceremonies, and can be used by guild members to offer prayers to their guardian spirits.
A lower floor can be accessed from just beyond a raised, stone platform near the riverbank. At first, it appears to be no more than a dug out hallway, it connects to another stairway that is constructed from brick and mortar, though it soon turns into steel and marble. What lies beneath the ruin is a strange place that seems to have been removed from any and all eras. Several chambers resemble bedrooms from ancient times though the kitchens seem remotely modern -- designs seems to flow from every time imagined in the space beneath the temple floor, effectively creating an extensive, abandoned, living space. Illuminated by electrical lamps and fiery torches, a few rooms even resemble neo-modern - albeit bare - bathrooms. Despite the marvel of their existence, this sublevel is in a state of sad disrepair, many rooms completely bare and others are actually filled with crumbling stones and broken furniture, if not outright inaccessible due to flooding.
Another staircase can be found, designed from steel and glass, by the side of a wall near the first recreation
hall, leading even deeper to an immediate door of stone and steel. It is locked and reinforced by foreign enchantments, though Sireine
can be seen entering the chamber every now and again.
During the hours of twilight, a strange, otherworldly mist rolls in from the banks of the river and covers the entire temple. Apparitions and other spiritual beings may be seen as they wander the thin veil between death and acceptance, though they care little for the world of the living. They are actually drawn to the sound of a haunting melody that echoes from somewhere within the ruins.
At the farthest edge of the ruin, a natural pool adorned by crystalline formations in its center can be found. The immediate area surrounding the pool has been designated for in-house sparring sessions and, for now, most social gatherings.
We hope that, as our membership count grows, we may be able to restore the grounds to their former splendor ... even retaining some of the natural beauty it now possesses. As the construction begins and evolves, so too will the description of this hall.
Pantheons & Other
Please help us maintain our place as one of the top 25 guilds in popularity. If you notice your hero(ine) is healing in town and you have a some God Power to spare -- never use a charge -- send an influence their way. Every divine punishment (or encouragement, if you must) adds points to our overall score, although once we obtain a templed hero ... it is rumored that Miracles give the most influence.
See our guide on Temple Building & General Tips for more information on how to make your trip to town beneficial to you and our guild.
In keeping in spirit with the nature of those who would fight the apocalypse, we're a dark-aligned guild. Why is this? We're tempered in the absolute bedlam of Godville. After all, we're supposed to be the ones to thwart
it, possibly at the last
moment possible. In order to ensure that our members can over come absolute evil
, we must become the embodiment of what they both
fear: true darkness.
There is a quote that this guild stands by, taken from the dimension known as Earth:
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
- So what does this mean? To put it simply, we've stared into the abyss for too long and have found that it is not us who is looking into it, but are those who stare back. A soul who hungers for battle may find that they're not immune to their divine's wrath -- and they revel in it. A holy man may find that they've achieved serenity only through horrific ends.
- Although we accept members from any and all alignments, we greatly encourage that ... upon joining ... you bring your hero(ine) somewhere along the path of darkness. This is especially encouraged for members of do not engage in the Arena.
- A ratio of one(1) encouragement for every three(3) punishments is encouraged, but not strictly enforced. This keeps our champions healthy and our enemies at bay.
- Neutral hero(ines) are welcome, but please make yourself active in the forums at least once a week if you are part of the guild's RP. Members that are inactive for periods longer than 10 (10) days will be considered abandoned and removed from the storyline, unless arrangements have been made prior to absence.
- If the inactive member returns, they may be placed back in the storyline at Sireine 's discretion.
- It has been stated elsewhere on this wiki, but we do understand that not all of our members are involved in the RP for one or more reasons. We try to keep our popularity up so that our alignment of True Darkness! does not change.
- If you have created an alt to join our guild, please ensure that you either visit the Arena, engage actively in the RP, or help us with our town popularity and alignment. You have joined our guild on your own, so we expect you to be part of it.
Why True Darkness!? Upon joining this guild, Sireine will want to speak with you personally. This isn't to shape you into anything, but to ensure that this guild is what you want to be apart of and that you know that we expect from you.
Members are encouraged to take part in dueling at least once per day if they are able to. For members ranked Chief Master and higher, their records directly influence our ranking in the Pantheon of Duelery. From the many battles witnessed by Iadobaoth 's Anafi-el, here are some guidelines and tips:
- On regular days, wait until you have 100% god power and 3 or more charges. This ensures that, no matter what special rules come into play, you'll be ready.
- This can not be stressed enough: never enter the Arena with less than 3 charges and, after sending the hero(ine), 50% GP.
- Let us know if you're going to the Arena! Friendly duels can take place by 'challenging' a friend, and will have no outcome on your dueling rank.
- If you do not have a Temple, let us know in the Guild Council with the message "arena_nt" before sending your hero(ine) to the arena.
- If you do have a finished Temple, let us know by typing in "arena_t".
- In the event that two of our members meet in the Arena, it is up to the individuals on how they wish to proceed. It is recommended to just have a non-influence/command battle to save GP charges, but it is up to the pair dueling.
- Pay attention to the special rules:
- Both lose HP during round.
- About 5-10 health is taken from both contestants per round, in addition to offensive damage. The "heal" voice command comes in handy here.
- Influence are twice as likely to backfire.
- Roughly 2 in 7 or so influences will effect you(your opponent if encouraging), none, or both.
- Loser gets 3 gold bricks as a consolation prize.
- It is tempting, especially for those who don't have a temple to try to lose these matches. While it is up to the individual, keep in mind that your opponent may be thinking the same thing.
- Only (2) actions are allowed instead of (4).
- If you and your opponent both are using influences, its not too bad. Otherwise, it becomes up to the Random Number God and your play style.
- Tip: Use voice commands rather than direct influences. "Strike"/"Attack" during your turn, "Heal" or "Defend" on the opposing turn.
- Tip: Send (1) Punish influence at the start of the battle. Use voice commands throughout until your opponent reaches ~30 health, then send a second Punish with either a "Heal" or a final "Attack" command.
- Tip: Locking your opponent's actions is another way to bring this special rule to your advantage. Simply use voice commands rather than any influence.
- Only (3) charges are allowed.
This shouldn't be an issue. If it becomes an issue, use the voice command: "Pray" to recover precious GP.
- The Judges will pray between rounds.
- This can have its advantages and disadvantages; every round, 5-10 GP is restored. To take advantage of it, use voice commands every turn until your either about to be locked or on your last 25%.
- Sireine : This comes down to the type of opponent your facing. A "Light" hero(ine) may use their extra GP to heal, counter this with offensive commands. A "Dark" hero(ine) will use offensive commands, use the voice command "Heal" to counter this.
- This fight will be twice as fast.
- You and your opponent will attack at the same time, so only the fighter who's name is on top can block, otherwise this is a standard match.
- Make sure you check your opponents stats. If they have won more arena matches than two (2) times their levels mean that they a. have purchased extra charges, b. only has enough to last this match, or c. possess a personal connection to the RNG. At least that's the crazy math we do around here. It may or may not be 50% accurate.
- Sometime during the first two steps (3 entries), unless its a Prayer match, or an agreed non-influence match, restore your GP by using 1 charge.
- It is also advisable (if you have more than 3 charges) to go ahead and refill your GP while waiting to be matched. This prevents you from being stuck with 2.5 charges instead of 3 should that match rule come up.
- Strike at them. Use your influences wisely - keep in mind that only about 1 in 4 voice commands will be heard, sometimes the ratio is higher, sometimes it is lower.
- Sireine and Iadobaoth have agreed that 'Attack like a crazy wombat' is our semi-official Arena call.
- Strike, Smite, Kick, and Punch all work as well. But like a crazy wombat.
- Why the wombat? Quite simply, because wombat's are one of the laziest animals known to man. No one expects a visceral strike from such a critter.
- Remember to alternate between offensive voice commands and defensive. A well-timed heal can mean the difference between victory and defeat.
- Please keep in mind that some offensive commands will cause your opponent to restore some of their GP. Always expect some kind of influence, be it a voice command or actual influence, on the following turn.
- Never end a turn with less than 30% of your Godpower if you can avoid it.
- Try to be a good sport, even if you lose and now have 0 charges. Remember, the Arena is mostly luck and a basic understanding of when influences will backfire ... which can seem at random most times.
- We all lose sometimes, these tips are a guide and meant to give a basic example of how to be a ruthless arena fighter. It is possible to win in the Arena using only voice commands, so finding a style that suits your tastes is, as it should be, up to you.
- If it seems that the Random Number God is out for your soul, take a break from the Arena. There are other ways you can help our guild besides shedding the blood of others.
Now, of course, if you win ... use that 100% GP to accumulate another charge and poof: If you used all three charges, you're back to having 2 plus a free prayer in town.
Temple Building & General Tips
Other than the Arena, there are a number of ways to speed up the construction of one's personal Temple.
- Using a divine influence when your hero(ine) possesses more than 3,000 coins can result in the melting of a brick.
- Using this influence during the selling stage of a town visit greatly increases your chance of receiving additional gold, or another artifact if the influence fails.
- Every town visit includes the following stages of progress (in no particular order): healing, selling, buying potions/equipment, wasting money, prayer.
- If you return to town via a completed quest with a healing item, you may skip the healing process.
- If you return to town with fewer that half your total maximum item capacity (how many items you can carry in your inventory), there is a high chance that your hero(ine) will skip all steps after healing.
- Gold bricks can sometimes be found using the voice command dig.
- It can also result in unearthing an underground boss, so be cautious. Victory ensures a large profit, but defeat means the loss of a good portion of your gold fund.
- When you are waiting to be matched, see if any of your guild mates have enough health to join you.
- It is advisable to only use the dig command if you have 80% of your maximum health or more.
- Remember to vote in the Ideabox! Providing your input on content can and will make your prayers more effective, but don't just spam votes. Some of the content is actually worth upvoting, and while others are just ... well. Its a matter of taste. Don't forget to vote at least every 8 hours to maximize this bonus.
Some thing to begin with, and which needs to stated. The number one complaint we receive is that we're a guild that favors role-playing and that we have some strict rules for our internal storyline. Mind you, these complaints come from external sources and not from within. So, with that in mind the following applies for those who are not active in the RP -- nonmembers and members of Idle Omens alike -- and only within the Idle Omens guild forum topic.
- Please be courteous when speaking to each other.
- Out right use of profanity will not be tolerated in the forum and is advised against in the Guild Council as well.
- No derogatory terms, racial slurs, or anything that may offend some one else.
- Courteous does not mean nice, it means respectful.
If, for any reason, you can not abide by these rules, then we're not for you. We realize that, with every internet game, there is going to be some one that ruins it. Until then, let us try to have fun.
Dreamwidth.org RP Information
Character sheets are found here. Copy and past the needed sections and do not save that page. On this page, use the "Discussion" tab to paste your sheet underneath any that may already be there. Sireine will add you as soon as she can. Thank you.
- All players involved in the Idle Omens RP will be expected, at some point, to fill out this information.
- Please provide as much information as you can. This is not for us to metagame, but so that your character has established limits.
- Characters listed here have no been added to the proper page for any number of reasons. Please contact Sireine for details.
Character Name: Zeezoo
Race: Human (Immortal)
Occupation: Traveling healer
Advantages: Having been a scholar in his past life, is very knowledgeable
Disadvantages and Quirks: When killed is reborn but as a child, also has a thing for anything shiny
Skills: Rebirth (True), Necromancy (Healing), Herbomancy
Hand Weapons: Short sword
Ranged Weapons: None
Armor and Possessions:Bags of herbs to go with the trade, otherwise none of note.
Cultural Familiarity: Has traveled around a bit so he knows his share of shortcuts, also familiar with a couple of towns.
Description: Currently a man in his thirties with a long unkempt brown beard and hair to match. Habitually wears a long dark cloak with the hood up
Background: As is his gift... Or curse depending on how you look on it, he is reborn as a new individuel after he dies, regaining his memories at around fifteen, he is looking for a way to end this cycle as he looks upon it as torture and wishes he could die and stay dead, he hears old tales of a sorceress of old once in the ruins, where the locals now fear to go, and investigates to see if she, or perhaps another sorceress resides there.
||Page version 0.9c. This document will self destruct in 3 ... 2 ...