- 1 Our History
- 2 What is Highlander?
- 3 Joining Highlander
- 4 High Counsel
- 5 Guides for Godville
Recovering after completing the epic quest to become one with the universe, our founder had a drunken epiphany that would end in, what witnesses describe, as the reverie of an aging hero. In truth, however, alcohol played only a small part in his final, delirious acts -- the many years he spent as a young man, honing his skills in the oxygen-thin mountains near Tradesburg had finally caught up with him.
Later inquiries into his life revealed that he suffered heavily from the belief that life in Godville was nothing more than a game. As such, he was haunted by feverish thoughts of sobriety and questing for golden bricks. His dreams eventually became so lucid that he was unable to tell the difference between reality and dream; his fragile mind had broke under the weight of knowing that he had been abandoned. His mental health did not improve as he saw the many heroes and heroines going to and from temples, laughing about their latest death.
A Guild is born
As his mind continued to spiral in its madness, he found serenity in the many taverns across Godville, where he noticed -- with disdain -- the growing number of these immortals. His attempts at openly trying to give them a permanent death had garnerned unwanted attention from the supreme beings of Godville, however, forcing him to disguise his intentions in some other manner. After being mauled by a wandering Sun Dog, the aging hero decided to give up trying to crash reality and establish a front for his hunt. Upon returning to Godville, he inquired on what it would take to establish a guild of his own. So, on that fateful day, some time ago in a past autumn, the quest to establish the Highlander guild began.
It is unknown exactly when our founder met his grisly fate, but the scholars of Highlander assume it was shortly after the guild's first member joined in 631 G.E. Many years had passed since then and the guild's original purpose have faded into obscurity.
Today, members of Highlander no longer struggle with their presumed immortality, and rather embrace it. Believing that being forgotten is a fate worse than death, their footprints echo through eternity. Guild members not questing or engaging in duels at the Arena can be found either training on the Jagged Peaks of Tradesburg, or within the town itself.
What is Highlander?
Highlander is an older guild, one of many that time seemed to have forgotten. However, when dusty pamphlets written by the first members were discovered, its existence became known again. Despite the original intention for its establishment, Highlander is actually quite bright and has become more popular than it ever was. To help out, our publicity officials have offered some tidbits of advice:
- Keep an eye out for when your hero(ine) visits a town to heal or sell loot -- this is an opportunity to increase Highlander's influence by using at least one influence, preferably an encouraging one.
- Using the voice command return to town, or simply return will have a questing hero(ine) head back to town ... if they listen.
- Using your influence while selling loot can, potentiality, increase the amount of coins you have.
- If your hero(ine) has at least half of their maximum item capacity, they will pray at the end of the visit. By voting within the Ideabox, prayer effectiveness is increased.
- Please vote responsibly and remember: random clicking won't get you anything.
- For the hero(ines) who happen to have finished a temple, the Miracle influence gives the most points out of all others, but it requires 50 units of Godpower.
Want to join Highlander? Well, we want you, too! Even new guild members can participate in the activities of the guild forum.
- Your hero(ine) must be at or above level 12 to join guilds.
- The hero(ine) must be not be engaged in combat, treating their wounds in the field, selling their wares to roadside trader, or in town.
- Also, the hero(ine) should not cancel their current quest; hero(ine)s returning to town do not listen to their deities.
Now, if the hero(ine) meets all of the criteria above, send this voice command to your hero(ine): Join "Highlander" guild. It may still take several attempts before your champion will acknowledge you. Once the hero(ine) begins their quest to become the newest member of Highlander, introduce yourself in the forum.
- If, in the future, your hero(ine) tries to leave the guild, send this voice command: Cancel quest. This can be done at any time during the quest to join the other guild. We won't stop you if you want to join another guild by choice, however, so please inform us if you decide to do so in the Guild Council (GC).
- If you neglect (don't check on) your hero(ine) for 28 days or more, s/he will leave the guild automatically. This applies to any member below the rank of Cardinal
Within the heirarchy of Highlander, there is an understanding that official rankings do not matter. What deeds have brought them together, also place them within Highlander's memories. These are the members who have been active within the counsel, or who have provided some other services to the Guild.
- Attention all members of Highlander: as of this update, there are newly opened positions that are available for ... well. Anyone. Contact for more information.
- Any member who is not active for 30 days (or more) will be removed from the Inner Circle, and placed within the Honor Guard.
- Minion 247