Der Moerder means the killer in German and Der Tote Mann means the dead man. The point of this account is to let Fred Flintstone have fun purposely losing.
- 1 to do
- 2 Der Mörder's guide to losing
- 2.1 Arena Fighting Tips (Der Mörder's Parody copy of Arena#Arena_Fighting_Tips)
- 2.2 General
- 2.3 Der Mörder's guide to not going AFK
- 2.4 Harvest Moon
finish or possible completely rewrite Attempt to believe it's not butter
Der Mörder's guide to losing
It is easiest to lose in the arena when you have a friend who wants to win. Have your friend go in first. If some one is already in they will match. This will leave you time to punish yourself and thus hurt yourself before someone goes in to match you. If not your friend just needs to win as you do nothing.
Arena Fighting Tips (Der Mörder's Parody copy of Arena#Arena_Fighting_Tips)
Each gladiator has a different style of fighting. Accordingly, this section is only intended to serve as an extremely general guide. Really, the only purpose of this section is to prevent someone from looking like a they want to win.
- If you do not match right after you send, punish to reduce your health.
- Do restore godpower and punish until the fight begins. During fight, gods cannot guarantee commands or actions will inflict damage on ones self. NOTE: Restoring godpower while a hero is waiting for a partner can be a waste of a charge if the hero does not find another hero to fight. It does still help a negative alignment and can gain guild influence or maybee even snag you some new artifacts.
- Have patience! Duels can last a long time. Sometimes gods just try to snipe people at the end.
- DON'T PANIC. No hero has ever died in the arena (sadly).
- If you are a non-payer, only send your hero to the arena when you have 3 or more charges and 100% godpower.
- Research your opponent. Check their arena fight history and find out who they have beaten and lost against. Check their alignment. It may provide you with some insight to their fighting style. If a hero has a "pure good!" personality, the hero's god could be less likely to punish. Similarly, if a hero is "pure evil!" hero's god could be less likely to encourage. Use this information to help determine if they are accidentally AFK or if they just don't care and send in hoping they match and win. This affects the likely hood of anything you do to help you make them make you lose.
- Never take an arena record for granted. It can be anybody behind that account. Some gods have alternative accounts. Some gods rarely go to the arena, but are still very skilled fighters. Some just have varying stupid luck.
- Send your opponent an invite. You can directly plea to them to fight and some gods just miss the notification that they matched.
Voice Commands (VCs)
- Voice commands cost 5% godpower.
- There is only a 30% chance a hero will react to a voice command. The other 70% of the time, the hero will just ignore it. Do not get discouraged if a hero ignores most voice commands.
- Voice commands can be used to send messages to gods hoping the color alerts them to the battle.
- Voice commands have risk. A hero can mishear a vc and take it as a sign to deal more damage.
- Do not use recognized* types of voice commands (for example, do not give a voice command saying "rest, smite, pray").
- Voice commands will never backfire and damage a god's hero or heal an opponent, but actions can.
There are three types of voice commands a god can use in the arena: healing words, attack words, and pray words. Below are a list of confirmed voice commands. Some of them also work in normal game play. In general they should never be used in the arena if you intend to lose. Be careful not to use any of them in a provocative statement.
These words prolong the fight and make you more likely to not lose: Drink, wounds, heal, restore, rest, and rejuvenate.
These words shorten the fight and make you more likely to not lose: Attack, hit, kick, punch, smash, smite, strike, and trample.
These words should neither prolong the fight nor shorten the fight and make you more likely to not lose but as with all voice commands they can be misheard and cause the hero to inflict more damage (although fights are the best place to pray): Pray, praise, give, donate, and sacrifice.
Actions (Encourage, Punish, and Miracle)
- Actions cost 25% godpower.
- As in normal gameplay, an encourage will generally heal a hero and a punish will generally provide a hero with additional fighting power.
- If the difference in health is so large that there is not time for the tide to naturally turn back around, an action can be used in hope of a backfire.
- Always be cautious when using an action because they have a 75% chance of not backfiring.
- Punish only when the opponent has enough health points to withstand a nonbackfire.
- Once an action backfire occurs, a god can send about 2 to 4 actions before another backfire occurs.
- Do not go wild with the punish and encourage actions. If you are too intimidating your opponent may give up if they were around.
- Do not make a miracle in the arena. Making miracles in the arena is rude, a faux pas, and will make other gods mad. Other gods may also talk stink about you, write your name on their wiki page, and even unfriend you. Do not do it. Take a loss with dignity. However, miracles don't help a hero win; they only steal godpower or experience points. If you do not care about your reputation you may be able to provoke your opponent into fighting.
Der Mörder's guide to not going AFK
Even when you want to lose in the arena there are times were you still don't want to be afk. When waiting for a match with a boss or in the arena and even during a fight it can get very boring. (This is mostly for browser as it is all I use.)
Things to do
- Be active in the guild chat
- Talk to friends
- Visit other pages on godville in a new tab
- Read the forums
- Talk on Palringo with it open on top of your browser open to your hero page
- Unmute your computer
Do the following with caution:
- Post on the forums
- Read the wiki
- Read chronicles
- Write articles or chronicles
- Go to other sites
Things not to do
- Use other programs that cover up your hero page
- Watch long videos or tv
- Watch and chat on twitch.tv
- Leave your computer
- Get stuck on another account
Harvest Moon is a great guild. There is a reason it is one of the most popular guilds. It is comprised of very active members and are very supportive of each other.