|Habitat||Chests of any kind|
|Totem for||Hug Central ⚜️|
|Description||An affectionate alien|
|Tame at levels||30–44 (59 with ark)|
The Chesthugger is a strange alien creature of unknown origin. It has an attack which entails it attaching itself to the chest of the hero feeling the loneliest in order to give him or her a hug and never letting go. Most heroes die from the mere act of kindness being forced upon them by a monster - even the most evil heroes die of annoyance by the fact they cannot - as some heroes who might recommend (due to a sheer lack of experience) - actually "shake it off, shake it off".
If a hero tries to attack the Chesthugger, (as they often foolishly do, since heroes know little more than "drink, kill, quest") it can prove exceedingly dangerous. Its blood is acidic and it's legs and tail are very strong, making removing it likely to cause damage to the hero. Many have speculated that if the hero simply hugged the Chesthugger back it would do them no harm, but no reports are available to prove this.
“I’ve instructed to hug and have hugged at times! In my opinion, none of these procedures can compete with the Chesthugger..."
- Hugs the chest and doesn't let go
- Specifically designed for hugging
- Is unable to be removed once in full hug mode
- Great speed and agility
- Strong tail and "fingers"
- Splints wounds in one plane only
- Only has one attack which doesn't actually harm heroes
- Can be removed if the heroes are quick to pull it off before it has fully latched on
- Small size
- Does not discriminate between types of chest- it can be distracted with a treasure chest, allowing a clean getaway