|Kastren (U • C • T) . If you have something to add or just want to tell the author how great it is, head to the talk page. This refreshing brew is being fermented by |
|pictures to be added to it. To help Godwiki, please consider adding suitable pictures.This article needs one or more|
|Habitat||Underground burial sites|
|Description||A powerful, reanimated warrior whose previous life was filled with excessive alcohol consumption and agressive manerisms.|
The Boozerker (Latin name (in italics)) is a spectral boss monster obsessed with all things alcohol related. They form from the souls of powerful warriors whose living life was filled with the consumption of beer and other similar drinks.
The first recorded sighting of a Boozerker was reported when a couple of heroes went on a drunken adventure just outside of Monsterdam. Fresh from the bar and thouroghly smashed, they stumbled upon, and around, a grave site. The overwhelming sent of alcohol in the area awoke an unnamed ancient warrior who had apperently been buried there many many years prior. With an unearthly wail, she screamed, "BOOOOOOOOOZE!" and rose from the ground, startling the unlucky heroes.
None of the heroes survived the encounter, but they were rescued by the dungeon janitors and rushed to Monsterdam healers. The retellings of their encounter varried in some regards (most likely due to their drunken stupor), but a few details were clear: it was powerful, it seemed to be undead, they didn't recognize the monster, and the aparition appeared to be female. They dubbed her as a "Boozerker" due to her initial battlecry and combat style.
After these initial reports, several more came from other adventures. These reports were strikingly similar to the first, however they were most definitely of different Boozerkers, since male versions were also reported. No heroes had managed to slay one, that is until a group of heroes, with heavy guidance and aid from their deities, managed to successfully do just that. Unfortunatly, any eager scholars wanting to confirm or deny the existance of the newfound monster were unable to examine a body, due to it having been a risen spirit and not a corpse.
The general belief among scholars is that Boozerkers are risen spirits of dead warriors that had a love of beer in life. They can be any manner of fighter, male or female, as long as they were also quite the heavy drinker. The method of summoning this monster is to have an excessive amount of alcohol in close proximity to the grave of these fallen warriors. It is at which point they rise, yell the word, "booze", and attack whomever smells of beer.
Other possible theories or characteristics of Boozerkers, scrapped together from eyewitnesses, are as follows:
- There's a common belief that a fallen Beerserker can rise to become a Boozerker. The main reasoning behind this is mostly due to their similar name.
- One eyewitness report stated that the Boozerker will drink the highly alcoholic blood of the heroes it fights.
- They do not appear to be fans of alcoholic eggnog, of all things.
Tips to Fighting
- The more alcohol the adventures carry, the stronger it becomes. Make sure to send your hero out to a dungeon before they head to the tavern for minimal alcohol content.
- Their "booze-lust" can never be quenched, only momentarily saited. Use gifts of beer to distract them and make a quick getaway.
- Any attempts to calm and interview Boozerkers have failed. Please, do not try this with your hero.