|NobodyIsPerfectButMe (U • C • T) is being reviewed by a volunteer editor. Edits are visible in the and feedback to be addressed will be on the talk page (you can tell the author how great it is there, too). This fresh brew by |
|Habitat||Near brewhouses and beer stores.|
|Description||Fearsome, beersome warrior.|
The Beerserker (Beruseruku bersërkr) is a monster that takes his power from beer. It is said that the beer became his god and he needs the favour of no one else.
Stories of Beerserkers (Beruseruku bersërkr) are as old as beer itself... tales of heroes and heroines who forgot about their patron deities in bouts of alcoholic ecstasy... whispers of warriors so deprived of alcohol during their AA meetings that at the barest mentions of beer they go into uncontrollable rage.
The most well-documented story tells of a beer brewer whose devotion to beer ran so deep that he denounced all gods except Beer. In punishment, the god of parties, Dionysus, drove the brewer from his brewhouses and forbade him to make his own beer. This lost brewer couldn't take separation from his beloved distillation, so he swore vengance upon Dionysus and all who drink beer. He became first beer-seeking warrior whose only ambition was to rob beer-drinkers of their liquid estates.
How to Recognize this Monster
When a hero sees a tubby warrior barreling towards him with an empty beer pitcher and expression of greed and rage on its face, the answer is only one: Beerserker.
The beerless Beerserker is almost unrecognizable. It appears as a rather docile, if large in stature, horned warrior who follows hero with a hopeful expression. But do not be fooled by its placidness! This tactic leads a lost Beerserker to the nearest tavern and lets it regain its power!
Other Distinguishing Features:
- Beerserkers often don a traditional beerserking garb consisting of a horned helmet, mugs for ale, and sometimes a hop necklace.
- The horns on a Beerserker's helmet can be unscrewed and contains emergency beer.
Tips for Battling Stray Beerserkers
There are two techniques that work against Beerserker:
- The first method requires the hero to relinquish all his beer possessions, so Beerserker is busy drinking and leaves him alone. All beer connoisseurs agree that the flavour of even bad beer is better than old, faint beer scent that heroes and heroines exude.
As heroes and heroines never use first method:
- The second method requires the hero to fight to the last drop of beer. Heroes protective of their beer can be vicious, and have usually 50% survival rate.
- When smelling fresh beer, goes into uncontrollable rage.
- Ingesting beer gives each the strength of ten beer kegs barreling towards the hero at high speed.
- May become a Boozerker upon death.
- Watered down beer similarly dilutes the Beerserker's strength.
- Growing immunity to beer's effects due to exposure.
- When in rage, may spill beer and cry over it.