Voice of god
Voice of god, Vox dei - this is the way a Creator can send orders and advice to his Heroes. Sending a heavenly message to the hero is accomplished by typing it in the appropriate field of the Remote Control and hitting "Send"; sending one message costs 5% Godpower.
- 1 General Information
- 2 Poetic Formatting
- 3 Commands and Effects
- 4 When to Send Voice Commands
- 5 In the Arena
- 6 Fighting a Boss Monster
- 7 Voting
- 8 References and Further Reading
The Words of the Almighty sometimes can echo in the hero's heart. Deities can encourage heroes to Pray, to Sacrifice, to speed up the Quests or, return to a nearby Town, to dig for treasure - and many other things which are yet to be discovered. There is a possibility of helping the hero by giving them some extra experience, helping to slay a monster or making him heal himself. However, as Godville's gods will tell you, their orders aren't always followed well (and sometimes they are just downright ignored by the arrogant mortals). Correct understanding and execution of a command is further complicated not only by the natural laziness of the pawns, but also by the divine communication link transmission errors.
- It should be noted that the hero sometimes simply cannot follow the order. For one example, the idea to stop fighting an evil Monster in order to respond to divine call for prayer seems way too stupid even for the hero's humble mind.
- Voices have a special role at the Arena. Gladiators don't fight perfectly all the time, but some nagging from the heavens can really affect the situation, even given the heroes' less-than-acute hearing.
- Certain messages from heaven will anger the hero (such as repeated insults and bad language) and may cause their god to lose Godpower. Certain negative commands may even cause the hero to do things that can result in their Death. A god is advised to be kind to prevent such incidents.
So, a god that is lucky enough can influence a hero's life. On the other hand, a lazy hero may completely disregard anything you tell him. It's up to the silly mortal to decide what he does. You're the one who gave him free will after all.
With the update of September 5th 2019, Goddesses and Gods can uses a slash character (
\) to delimit lines in godvoices, up to 5 lines (originally 4 when this feature introduced).
Any godvoice / Could lead to an action / Poetic one though / Brings more satisfaction
These godvoices work just like normal godvoices, with the heroine recognising the keywords below, and the voice appearing in other diaries (see § Voting, below). While trying to write a rhyming or pleasing verse, it is much easier to accidentally include unwanted keywords, leading to more heroine confusion than usual, and possible unintended effects.
Very limited punctuation is permitted in verses. All emoji characters will be removed from the phrase before it is sent, as will any punctuation character but the following:
!-;':,.?. Stripped characters count towards your 100 character limit, even though they will not appear in the voice when sent.
Commands and Effects
Here is a list of command words which when included in a voice can cause the stated effect:
- «Combine %artifact% and %artifact%», «Assemble %artifact% and %artifact%», «Craft %artifact% and %artifact%», «Compile %artifact% and %artifact%»
Hero crafts two artifacts in inventory into one item. The artifacts must start with the same letter. Gold bricks and boss monster artifacts (like "Ear of the...") cannot be combined. If the hero has two or more combinable items in their inventory, an icon will appear that, when clicked, allows the god to auto-fill this into the textbox, saving the god from giving instructions that the hero may not understand.
- «Quest», «Job», «Hurry»
If successful, the hero moves closer to completing his current quest. Progress can be from 1 to 15 percent.
- «Abandon quest», «Cancel quest», «Drop quest», «Stop quest»
The hero cancels the current quest. The main purpose of these voices is to make the hero not change guild until he reaches the rank of Grand Master.
Join a guild
- «Enroll "guild name" guild», «Join "guild name" guild» — to join an existing guild.
- «Create "guild name" guild», «Start "guild name" guild» — to create a new one and join it.
In order for the hero to correctly understand what you want from him, you must correctly indicate the name of the desired guild in quotes. (Copy-pasting is recommended)
If the hero understands the voice correctly, the current quest will be canceled.
- «Death», «Dead», «Die»
The hero can die at the will of his god.
Works if the talisman bold, but not works with Aura of immortality.
You will have better luck using this command if you wait for a time when (1) your heroine has an aura of audibility, or (2) the Daily Forecast in the Godville Times indicates that godvoices are more likely to be heard, or both.
- «Dig», «Gold», «Treasure»
Dig for buried treasure: gold coins, artifacts, or sometimes even a gold brick. There is also a chance of digging into the lair of an underground boss-monster; if any other heroines or heroes are also waiting to fight an underground boss, a battle will ensue. Note: If you want to avoid boss monsters, dig when your heroine has less than 30% HP.
- «Examine %artifact%», «Study %artifact%», «Look at %artifact%», «Disassemble %artifact%»
These voices can be used to make the hero investigate his inventory. Sometimes you can shake a little money out of the artifact, sometimes another artifact. Often, the object under study does not withstand the procedure and deteriorates or is lost.
Return to town
- «Return», «Back», «Go shop», «Go buy», «Go trade»
The hero returns to the nearest town.
- Works verywhere: «Heal»
- Works in the field: «Good», «Live», «Refresh»
- Works in duels: «Wounds», «Rest», «Drink»
The hero recovers health.
- «Experience», «Learn», «Teach»
Give experience to the hero and bring him closer to the next level. The higher the level, the less noticeable this increase.
- Works everywhere: «Pray»
- Works in the field: «Dream», «Praise», «Light», «Temple», «Worship», «Knee»
- Works in duels:
The hero replenishes godpower.
Hero sacrifices gold or artifact in exchange for godpower.
- Work only in duels: «Shield», «Defend», «Block»
This turn the hero takes less damage.
- Works verywhere: «Hit», «Smite», «Strike», «Kick»
- Works in the field: «Destroy», «Knock», «Punch», «Wrath», «Beat», «Smash»
- Works in duels: «Attack», «Crush»
Inflict extra damage on opponent.
- Sending a voice without any actual words (an "Empty Voice" command) will either confuse the heroine, make them find a random artifact of any type, or kick a potential monster out of the way.
- Several command words are recognized by the heroine, but get no effect other than a smart remark. Here are a few: day, mortal, god(dess), beer, fool, mistake, potato, solve, jump.
When to Send Voice Commands
|Voice Type||During combat with monsters||Going to or from town||In the field||Healing in the field||During duels or boss fights||In town|
|Return to a town||no||no||yes||no||no||no|
|Join a guild||no||yes||yes||yes||no||no|
Outside of duels, heroes do not like too frequent voices. Any voice that triggers the hero's reaction by 20 seconds reduces the chance of triggering the next voice.
Town and field
- Empty voice always work.
- You can cancel the quest with a voice everywhere (unless the current quest is canceled or completed).
- You can join the guild everywhere except the town and the fight with the monster (unless the current quest is canceled or completed). If the hero is already completing the entry quest at the behest of the deity, then the new entry quest will not be accepted.
- In the town, you can research and craft trophies, throw experienced and prayer voices. There is a rare bug in which the hero shrugs off all voices until part of the cycle ends. All parts of the cycle (treatment, trade, drinking, prayer), as well as the tent of the itinerant merchant, are equal in terms of working voices.
- During the battle with the monster, combat and sacrificial voices work.
- In between battles with monsters, the heroes are extremely obedient - they are ready for sacrificial, prayer, research, craft, experienced, digging, questing, healing, reflexive and even deadly voices.
- When the heroes go from the town or to the town, they are almost as obedient - they will fulfill any voice from the previous paragraph, with the exception of healing, quest and return ones.
- If you use two or more conflicting roots, when the voice is triggered, the hero will listen to one of them.
Sitting in his own shop, the hero will ignore any voices.
- In the seas, heroes do not understand the voices.
- In the corridors of the dungeons, the heroes distinguish only the voices of directions.
- During the battle in the arena or with the boss, healing, combat, sacrificial (prayer works like sacrificial) and protective voices work.
- If two or more conflicting roots are used in battle, when the voice is triggered, the hero may listen to one of them, or he may become confused (sometimes harming himself). If you use two directions at once in the dungeon, the heroes get confused and ignore the voice.
Audibility of voices
- In duel mode, there are blocks - about 10 consecutive voices. Approximately 3 voices will work in each block. Rootless voices eat up the trigger rather than postponing it.
- Outside of duel modes, heroes do not like too frequent voices. Any voice that triggers the hero's reaction by 20 seconds reduces the chance of triggering the next voice.
- The canceling, return and join guild voices have their own counter (one for all three types). The counter is reset to zero when the hero completes the task, and increases by one when any of the three above voices are triggered. The growth of the counter increases the chance of the hero's excuse for triggered voices of these three types (the probability of a successful opening voice is reset to zero if the counter is non-zero). So, for example, during the first and second turn to the city, the hero will rarely disobey, with the third he will begin to resist, and on the fourth he will have to decently unpack.
In the Arena
In the Arena, only certain voices work. If a voice works, the blue entry detailing the use of the voice will be immediately followed by another blue entry detailing the results of the voice. Your opponent's voice commands and the results of it will show up in red. These are possible voices:
- Strike/kick/beat/crush/hit/attack/smash/smite/punch/tramp: Causes hero to inflict extra damage on opponent.
- Heal/health/rest/drink/restore/wounds: Recovers hero's hit points. Sometimes, the hero may mishear this command and strike the opponent for extra damage instead.
- Pray/give/praise: Recovers a portion of your Godpower.
- Block/brace/cover/defend/resist/shield: Reduces the damage taken by the hero on the round they hear it.
To maximize assistance to a hero, a voice command should be given in every round of a fight.
Fighting a Boss Monster
A hero will occasionally take heed of a Godvoice when fighting Boss-monsters. The result of this is similar to the Arena battle, a successful Godvoice will show the result of hearing the command in blue immediately after the delivery of the command.
Timing of the delivery of the Godvoice is important, a canny God will send the command just before the hero takes their turn in the fight, otherwise the opponent may hear the command more clearly and use it against the hero
Occasionally, a hero will hear random voices from other gods, or even find a piece of melted armour or burnt toast with the God/Goddess' written word on it. Heroes (being as dim as they are) usually just go on their way or eat said toast. Being divine, and otherwise intelligent, gods can act upon these holy scriptures.
When godly words appear in a hero's diary, a god can vote on whether the voice was funny or not by clicking one of the options next to it (or after long pressing the voice on mobile versions). As of April Fools 2016, voting on voices from other gods will earn the god 1 Godpower. The entries that have someone else's voice of god will typically appear in grey text.
- Found a piece of toast with the words "Stop, Hammertime!" burned into it. Ate the toast anyway.
- Heard a voice resonate from a nearby ravine say "Hope you ate your Wheaties today" creepy.