Info for waking the 2nd boss (requiring 200 pairs) was deducted from the comment below (first bold text) where 50f translates to 25%.
The name does not need to be the name of the lowest level part. See the items that I currently have. There is a lvl 1 part but the name is Aftermoth (a lvl 2 boss). I've seen this before when I had a second lvl 1 part.
I suspect the choice is made based upon the % of the boss that is created. E.g. 0-100% or 0-150% is lvl 1 100-200% or 150-250% is lvl 2 > 200 or 250 is lvl 3.
Cementalist (71%) @
Lab Pairs 71m, 50f (25%)
Fur Megahurtz (lvl 3) [x]
Horns Shamaniac (lvl 3) [x]
Ear Thug-of-war (lvl 3) [x]
Eye Ark Enemy (lvl 3) [x]
Heart Obscentinel (lvl 3) [x]
Rib Magnum Octopus (lvl 2) [x]
Fillet Ducktator (lvl 3) [x]
Paw Aftermoth (lvl 2) [x]
Hoof Oxydjinn (lvl 3) [x]
Tail Mini-Thug-of-war (lvl 1) [x]
Aftermoth with power of 170% (out of 300%) can be created from these parts.
And apologies for the lazy layout, didn't know how to attach a screenshot
Cooldown for boss fights
Whether the fight ends with the lab boss alive or defeated, there is a 24-hour cooldown before it can be summoned again.
I’m curious if this info is still actual. More precisely,
- Does the cooldown not depend on the boss being alive at the end of the fight?
- Does it last 24 hours?
- I second this request; having just opened by Lab, I'm not able to test this, but I'm interested in getting this page in good shape 😊 -- Djonni (talk) 08:02, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
Non-Dungeon bosses, abilities, and part levels
I've been wondering about the information we have about boss abilities (0–3 ability non-Dungeon bosses, specifically) and part levels.
Currently, we explicitly say that a boss with 0–1 abilities gives you a level 1 part; we also make it clear by inference that bosses with 2–3 abilities give you level 2 parts. I don't believe this can be entirely accurate.
First data point: if I understand correctly, every part with a given boss name will always have the same level. In other words, the name of the boss is deterministically linked to the level of that boss' parts.
Second data point: One boss may come with one, two, or three abilities in different encounters. (See Talk:Boss-monsters#Underground Boss Monster Abilities for additional discussion of this.)
I'm quite certain of the second data point, it's the first that I'm not yet entirely sure of. Has anyone ever seen parts with different levels, but with the same boss name?
If not, then I believe that (non-Dungeon) bosses simply come in two flavours: level 1 and level 2. Perhaps level 1 bosses can spawn with 0–(1 or 2) abilities, and level 2 bosses can spawn with (0 or 1)–3 abilities. -- Djonni (talk) 08:11, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
In other words, the name of the boss is deterministically linked to the level of that boss' parts.I believe, this is true only for dungeon bosses, which are out of question here. But I agree, we need proofs to be certain.
- Oh, I forgot to mention one more point: only aboveground (and maybe mini-quest — not sure) bosses may have 0 abilities. Dug bosses have at least one. — Cordarion the Grey (talk) 08:37, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
only aboveground (and maybe mini-quest — not sure) bosses may have 0 abilities. Dug bosses have at least one.Oh right, that's true. (Note to self, check if that's documented properly at Boss-monsters.) Which I guess introduces a new ontological axis: are above-ground, mini-quest and Mini-bosses always level 1, are dig bosses always level 2, and dungeon bosses always pinned to ability count?
- Side note, when we did an overhaul of boss categorisations some time ago (2 years? 3?), we concluded that mini-quest bosses were a special case of aboveground that only appear at the end of a specific quest chain. Boss artifacts and any mini-quest chain can summon any of the other, non-mini-quest aboveground bosses. So I'd be surprised if we found that mini-quest bosses were categorically different to other aboveground bosses, but it is possible. -- Djonni (talk) 10:52, 26 November 2020 (UTC)
- A bit late to the party here, but I've been through my screenshots & have [this] from when I activated my boss showing Arrestocrat & Pundemonium as giving out an L2 part. I don't have the logs for those fights though, so can't add any data to the discussion here. --S624 (talk) 09:21, 8 December 2020 (UTC)