Sands of time
|Sands of time|
|Description||Until gathered, nothing distinguishes the Sands of time from regular ol' sand.|
The Sands of time may appear as ordinary sand but the unconfirmed truth of this artifact is much more exciting! No one knows for sure just how many grains there are but they are highly sought after by collectors and world-ending villains alike. Read on for a more inclusive and detailed review of the collected doctrines.
Legend has it, when a hero collects the right combination of grains and contains them in the appropriate Half an hourglass pieces a legendary item will be created! The details vary on exactly how this is done and what exactly will happen.
- Some renditions of this legend state that if all of the grains and all of the half's are combined that complete control over everything is within the beholders grasp.
Due to the raw power of these items, the improper assembly leads to exactly what you started with. The old texts, while nearly indecipherable, roughly state that the disassembly of this item may have contributed to the creation of the universe as we know it.
Confirmed Instances of Acquisition
While they can be collected from the bottom of anybody's shoes, that's the easy way out and you won't collect them all this way... at least it would take a really, really, really really long time. Here is a small list to get the amateur collector started!
- The most common way is to scrape them out from between a monsters toes
- These small grains have a habit of getting jammed in activatable artifacts. When this happens, activating said artifact may release the Sands of time within, along with the rest of the activatable's contents.
- Exorbitant mark-ups from 'Buy and Sell' Traders
- Wedged between boards in a crate from sailing
- Sticking to your hook when fishing