Point of interest
Potential rewards include а health boost, a new aura, an extra prayer or artifact gain.
How to obtain
- Defeating a monster, especially strong ones (with special mentions in diaries).
- Partying at taverns. The more gold heroes spend, more likely they’ll learn about a point of interest.
The following behaviour has been observed for these points:
- The hero cannot be influenced to visit these markers by their God
- Persistent across town visits, although a return to Godville will erase the current mark
- Godly intervention in the form of sending to Arena, Dungeon, Sail or Spar will also erase the mark
- Multiple diary entries can indicate finding something interesting but only one monster POI will be active on the map at any time
- Monster's POI and Tavern's POI may coexist on the map (need confirmation)
- No Third Eye entry is generated when these marks are actually explored
- A new aura
- Prayer in response to a small gold donation
- Zero-GP Activatable item containing artifacts
- Healing (including healing artifact gain)
- 25% quest completion (assumed to give 5% on an epic quest)
- Gold payout
- Side jobs can be started & rewarded from points of interest.
- Godville Blog, post 116: To the Point
- Godville Forum topic 1, post 1199223 by Djonni
- Godville Forum topic 1, post 1199219
- Godville Forum topic 1, post 1199213
- Godville Forum topic 1, post 1199201
- Godville Forum topic 1, post 1199196
- Godville Blog, post 118: On the Side