If you are competitive at all, chances are that you'll want to visit the Pantheons every so often. They are Godville's leader boards. The Pantheons rank different things within the game: some rank guilds, or the most powerful heroes and heroines, for example. These leaderboards constantly change. Most are updated hourly, but a few are only updated a certain number of times per day.
Before the May 2012 update, there were three categories of Pantheon:
- Pantheons by Gods — These ranked the best gods and goddesses according to certain aspects, and rank things that they participate in, for example, guilds.
- Pantheons by Heroes — These ranked heroes, heroines, and their pets for different qualities they may had and acts they had accomplished.
- Pantheons by Impact — These ranked the influence heroes and heroines had in certain areas and the impact they had on the world around them.
- Short Term Pantheons — These rank heroes and heroines by properties which are forever changing. These Pantheons only include players who have been active some time in the last 5 days. Inactive players are removed from, and returning players replaced into, the Short-Term Pantheons with each new issue of the Godville Times.
- Long Term Pantheons — These rank heroes, heroines, gods, and goddesses by qualities which tend to remain fairly constant over time.
- Guild Pantheons — These rank guilds by their various guild properties.
At the beginning it is extremely difficult to climb most Pantheons, but it gets easier as a hero's level increases. Some Pantheons are exclusive to certain groups, and others are open to all. Difficulty in gaining or maintaining a high place in each Pantheon varies greatly with the Pantheon type, and some change more quickly then others.
List of Pantheons
|List of Pantheons and their Details|
|Pantheon||Link||Category||Tracks||Created||Number of Positions||Minimum Requirement||Updates|
|Gratitude||Long Term||Contributions to the game||13 GE (May 23, 2010)||Unlimited||1 Gratitude point||Hourly|
|Might||Long Term||Experience||1 GE (May 11, 2010)||25,000||Level 7||Hourly|
|Templehood||Long Term||Temple completion||748 GE (May 27, 2012)||Unlimited||1,000 gold bricks||Hourly|
|Gladiatorship||Long Term||Duelling skill||73 GE (Sep 22, 2010)||1,500||Duel once||Hourly|
|Storytelling||Long Term||Chronicle quality||470 GE (Aug 23, 2011)||500||10 chronicle ratings||Twice daily[n 1]|
|Mastery||Short Term||Skills and equipment||470 GE (Aug 23, 2011)||Unlimited||Level 7||Hourly|
|Construction||Short Term||Temple progress||78 GE (Jul 27, 2010)||Unlimited||Level 7||Hourly|
|Taming||Short Term||Pet level||32 GE (Nov 06, 2010)||Unlimited||A pet with levels||Hourly|
|Survival||Short Term||Monsters defeated per death||689 GE (Mar 29, 2012)||Unlimited||Level 7||Hourly|
|Savings||Short Term||Retirement fund||850 GE (Sep 06, 2012)||Unlimited||1 thousand saved||Hourly|
|Creation||Short Term||Good personalities||78 GE (Jul 27, 2010)||Unlimited||Level 7 and good personality||Hourly|
|Destruction||Short Term||Evil personalities||78 GE (Jul 27, 2010)||Unlimited||Level 7 and evil personality||Hourly|
|Arkeology||Short Term||Ark construction||1242 GE (Oct 03, 2013)||Unlimited||One log for the ark||Hourly|
|Catch||Short Term||Creature collection||2115 GE (Feb 23, 2016)||Unlimited||One manimal or fenimal||Hourly|
|Short Term||Duelling season results||1517 GE (Jul 05, 2014)||Unlimited||One duel during season||Hourly|
|Unity||Guild||Guild unity||1 GE (May 11, 2010)||Unlimited||Headcount of 2||Twice daily[n 1]|
|Popularity||Guild||Guild popularity in towns||470 GE (Aug 23, 2011)||Unlimited||Non-zero popularity||Twice daily[n 1]|
|Duelery||Guild||Guild member duelling ratings||1517 GE (Jul 05, 2014)||Unlimited||A chief master with one duel||Twice daily[n 1]|
|Adventure||Guild||Guild adventurousness||2667 GE (Aug 28, 2017)||Unlimited||A chief master with one dungeon or sail||Twice daily[n 1]|
- Updates at 08:30 and 20:30 UTC daily.
Competing Pantheons and Achievements
It is impossible to have a high position in all Pantheons at once. Gods and goddesses must prioritize different Pantheon statuses and in-game achievements, forcing them to budget their power.
- Destruction and Creation rank cruel and kind personalities, and one cannot be in both at the same time.
- Destruction may have a negative effect on Survival, as evil heroes may die more.
- Survival and the Martyr achievement.
- Lower-level heroes place above higher-level heroes with the same score in the Pantheon of Gratitude, so climbing in the Pantheon of Might can reduce your position in Gratitude.
- Completing your temple removes your hero or heroine from the Pantheon of Construction in order to take their permanent position in Templehood.
- Any Pantheon that could benefit from miracles, such as the Pantheon of Popularity or Survival reduces the godpower spent on the alignment Pantheons.
- Working on either alignment in town can increase Popularity, as well as the Saint and Fiend Achievements.
- Melting bricks with influences can help both alignment and construction.
- Guild members above Chief Master rank duelling in the arena affects the guild's Duelery score, as well as affecting individual Gladiatorship ratings.
- Adventures — duelling (Gladiatorship), dungeoning (Arkeology), sailing (Catch), and digging for boss-monsters — by Chief Masters or above also contribute to the guild's Pantheon of Adventure.
- Destruction may help Might, as cruel heroes may gain XP and levels faster.
- Creation may help Survival, as kind heroes may die less often.
- Godville Blog, post 58: Pantheons: Unlimited Edition
- Godville Blog, post 2: Keeping you informed
- Godville FAQ, Q51: What are pantheons? How do they work?
- Godville Blog, post 16: Pantheons – Newer and Bigger
- Godville Blog, post 47: Once upon a time
- Godville Blog, post 7: Pantheons expansion
- Godville Blog, post 22: On pets and friends
- Godville Blog, post 55: Most Wanted
- Godville Blog, post 62: Life After Temple
- Godville Blog, post 72: Arkeology
- Godville Blog, post 93: Trail and Catch
- Godville Blog, post 81: Glory to the Champions
- Godville Blog, post 109: Adventure Time
|Long Term||Gratitude • Might • Templehood • Gladiatorship • Storytelling|
|Short Term||Mastery • Construction • Taming • Survival • Savings • Creation • Destruction • Arkeology • Catch • Duelers|
|Guild||Unity • Popularity • Duelery • Adventure|
|Former||Greed • Aggressiveness|
|Godville's Goals and Activities|
|Main Goals||Achievements • Pets • Temple • Ark • Lab • Book of Creation • Retirement|
|Collectibles||Gold coins • Gold bricks • Gopher wood • Creatures|
|Heroic Activities||Quests • Side Jobs • Fishing • Digging • Arena • Sparring fights • Dungeons • Sailing|
|Divine Activities||Ideabox • Godville Times • Guilds • Pantheons|