|✍️||be bold and expand or rewrite it! You can take a look at Guideline: Artifact Articles for guidance on this type of article.That means we think there's room here for some great new content, and we think you might be the right person for the job! If you feel inspired, we think you should|
|Description||The Jar morphed Box|
|Effect||Affect in a good or a bad way (Black boxes)|
She just had to open the lid of the jar Zeus forbid her from opening as she longed to know what was in it. When she opened it, evils and plagues flew out and stained the world of Godville with sickness, age, and death (though resurrection is just a click away). Buried deep inside was a little "hope" that was shared with many to overcome the evils that escaped. One might have noticed that what she opened was a jar. Yes, it was indeed a jar. No one knows why it was named the "Pandora's Box" instead of the "Pandora's Jar". Researchers say that it may have been due to some half-blind archaeologist...
Example of use
This item can affect your hero in a good or bad way (requires 50% of godpower to activate this item)
There are many possible outcomes of activating a Pandora's box.[N 1]
- Positive outcomes include finding the following inside:
- Gold coins (around 100-9926, though more than 9926 gold coins have been discovered)
- Golden bricks (usually one, but up to three have been discovered)
- A notarized document stating that the hero has died fewer times than thought, which reduces a hero’s death count by one or two, and increases your position in the pantheon of survival
- A scroll with instructions for a premature level up, which immediately increases the level of the hero by one
- Nothing, but a hero gains experience points (around 3000) in the process
- Tribbles, which are released into the hero's inventory
- Negative outcomes include:
- Finding a notarized death certificate inside, which increases a hero's death count by one, and reduces your position in the pantheon of survival
- Finding a note inside stating that some of the hero's experience points were achieved by dishonest means, which reduces the hero's experience points
- Releasing a spiteful gremlin from inside the item that will steal about half of the hero's gold coins
- Nothing happening. If your hero has not completed their temple, the annoyed hero tries to break the Pandora's box with a golden brick resulting in the loss of the item and the golden brick. If the temple is complete, nothing happens but the loss of the artifact and expenditure of godpower.
Overall, positive effects are much more likely than negative effects.
|"Black Box" Activatable Artifacts|
|Box with a question mark • Continuum transfunctioner • Davy Jones’ locker • Deus ex machina • Dimensional destabilizer • Improbability drive • Mystery box • Pandora's box • Wonderbox|