Let there be light...
This influence is only available to a god once their hero has completed a Temple for them. It costs 50% Godpower to use. The number of miracles you can use in a certain space of time has a limit: the Godville Administrator does not look kindly on temple owners who overuse their newly found power. A sleeping Godville Administrator will roll over in a far away cave and may even take 50% of the Godpower from temple owners who abuse their privileges.
Unlike the other influences, miracles have a 100% success rate. They always benefit the hero in one of the following ways:
- Restores 500 Health regardless of hero's level. Fully heals if hero has fewer than 500 health (under level 101).
- Increases guild influence in the town they are currently in
- Instantly kills opponent (if currently fighting one obviously)
- Completes 25% of a quest
- Completes 5% of an epic quest
- Cause random monsters to drop bold and activatable artifacts into their inventory
- Upgrade one or more pieces of equipment (By +2, may combine with 500 HP heal and give +1 instead)
- It may remove the opponent's godpower and increase your own by the same amount (from 10-25%), ie. a vampire drain. Arena and Sparring
- It may greatly weaken the opponents defences by damaging their armour allowing more damage to be inflicted in a shorter period of time. Arena
- It may raise the opponent into the air and flip them upside down, causing one or more of their artifacts to fall out of their inventory and be destroyed. Arena / Boss Monster
Using miracles against boss monsters in allied fights is regarded as poor form due to the risk of destroying some or all of the boss's artifacts, which reduces everyone's potential profit from the fight.
While spelunking in Godville's dungeons, Miracles do one of three things:
- Restore 50 HP to all heroes (except those already defeated)
- Restore a large (unknown how much exactly) amount of HP to the user's hero
- Reveal a bold artifact hidden under a floor tile and add it to user's inventory
The above three things only happen while on a dungeon map. During dungeon boss fights, Miracles have the effects listed for bosses and duels only. Anti-Influence dungeon maps block Miracle power as they do with Encourage and Punish.