|WardPhoenix (U • C • T) is being reviewed by a volunteer editor. Edits are visible in the and feedback to be addressed will be on the talk page (you can tell the author how great it is there, too). This fresh brew by |
|Felis montis catus|
|Habitat||Close to normal mountains|
|Description||The purrest living mountain.|
Observations and Hypotheses
The Meowntain Cat is quite the mystery among the monsters of Godville: no one exactly knows when the first appeared, or where the current ones come from. The little we know comes from the unexpected encounters heroines have reported.
Sizes of specimens seem to vary from three meters to ten meters tall, but the very few scientists studying the monster suggest than smaller and larger specimens may exist. They note that some renowned mountains could actually be either sleeping or deceased giant Meowntain Cats.
This mysterious monster seems to live close to mountains where they can camouflage easily when sleeping. Reported information claim that vegetation seems to develop easily on this heavily sleeping cat, implying that any Meowntain Cat could be the haven of yet unknown species of plants and trees. Heroines also witnessed that some other monsters seemed to live on the bigger specimens, opening the possibility of a symbiotic relationship between the Meowntain Cat and others monsters.
First theories suggest that the Meowntain Cat actually absorb a little amount of others monsters' energy to survive but this have yet to be proven. 
Even though no one saw a Meowntain Cat going to sleep, theory estimate that the monster probably sleeps more than 24 hours a day for years, and only woke up when annoyed by unaware passerby. When waking up, Meowntain Cat tends to disturb and damage unconsciously the surrounding environment until finding its new best place to nap, totally ignoring everything else including heroines trying to hurt it. 
While heroines can't really hurt a Meowntain Cat they still "fight" them : in fact, the monster going to sleep and the cut grass and trees on it sometimes revealing gold and artifacts, they think they actually defeated it. But obviously the truth is known by every magnificent Goddesses that have read those lines.
- Camouflage into mountains
- Possibly long lifespan
- May slowly absorb energy from surroundings to live
- Noticeable from far away when not sleeping
- Lazy heavy sleeper
- Vulnerable to other monsters mass extinction
- Most of the genealogists questioned were too busy studying the possible common origin of bears and beers to investigate the Meowntain Cat. The geologists did not respond to queries.
- Approximate measurements reported by heroines who just spread their arms claiming, "It was ten times taller than this and three times larger than that!"
- "Approximate Survey of Felis montis catus," published in 2783 g.e.
- "There was a Biowolf trying to stay on the Meowntain Cat, hanging onto a tree branch, with its eyes popping out!" Amused heroine, Monsterdam, 2801 g.e.
- "The lack of volunteer test subjects is the main reason why the question have not be resolved yet. This and the better funding on beer related subject." A self-claimed scientist in lab-coat with a beer in the hand, Godville, 2937g.e.
- "It was a big giant rock cat, I tell you! It destroyed everything, I tell you!" a random drunk heroine which no one believed in at her time, Heisenburg, 1791g.e.
|Felidae Domestica||Dandy Lion • Hyper Lynx • Lightsaber-Toothed Tiger • Were-Panther|
|Felidae Felis||Basement Cat • Bureau-cat • Cat Herder • Ceiling Cat • Copy Cat • Dogmatic Cat • Fat Cat • Meowntain Cat • Monorail Cat • Mortal Tomcat • Photocopycat • Schrödinger's Cat • Trans Fat Cat • Weakest Lynx • Wiki Lynx • Worcestershire Cat|
|Felidae Furspherae||Atomic Kitten • Hell Kitty • Hell's Kitten • Karate Kitten • Neferkitty • Rootkitten|
|Felidae Panthera||Conga Lion • Crouching Tiger • Deaf Leopard • Little White Lion • Punk Panther • Rebel-Lion • Shoving Leopard • Tiger Lily • Tire Iron Lion|