The Daily Forecast, introduced as part of Godville's third birthday celebrations in May 2013 , is a section of the Godville Times where heroes and their gods can see what unusual cosmic effects, if any, are acting upon the denizens of Godville on that day. Either exactly two special rules will apply on any given day, or none.
With the new feature released on 01 May 2019, Gods can now vote to influence the upcoming daily forecast.
Three choices are randomly proposed to Gods every day who may vote only once a day, the chosen option appearing bold afterward. Sometimes, instead of voting on what the next forecast should be, Gods are asked to vote for what the next forecast should not be about.
The winning forecast choice will be annoted with a 🗳️ the next day . The vote only influences one of the two possible forecasts as shown on the second picture but there is still a possibility of having no forecast displayed as it was already the case before.
List of possible forecasts
- Activatable artifacts found that day cost half as much godpower as usual to activate.
- Activatable artifacts sold that day are worth much more or less than usual.
- Accumulator charges restore 70% of godpower instead of 50%.
- Underground boss-monsters are much easier to find when digging.
- Boss-monsters carry more gold than usual.
- All monsters defeated will grant an artifact.
- Heroes and heroines are more likely to lose, destroy, and ruin their artifacts.
- Heroes and heroines are more likely to be given an epic quest.
- Heroes and heroines are more likely to return to Godville when returning to town.
- Encourage and punish influences have a greater than usual effect on personality.
- Auras last twice or half as long as usual.
- Sending a hero to the arena costs only 25% of godpower instead of 50%.
- Skill upgrades cannot be bought.
- Skills are more likely to be used in combat, trading, and travel.
- Equipment cannot be bought.
- Prayers restore more godpower.
- Heroes and heroines are less likely to spend money in taverns and, if eligible, put into savings instead.
- Encouragements and punishes have a greater than usual effect on Guild town popularity.
- Gold coin rewards for the Bingo game in the Godville Times is much higher than usual.
- Voice of god commands are more likely to be heard by their heroine.
- No special medical treatment is provided to guild members by doctors.
- A day of lying means resting under a tree will be much more effective.
- Roadside traders go on strike, forcing heroines to return to town to trade.