How to befriend ?
To befriend a monster one can select "Befriend a monster" below the "Send invite" button on the web app and below the "Invite a Friend" on mobile view. This will consume one of those invites.
Those invites can be obtained by activating an Invite to Godville.
Only one monster can be befriended at a time, ergo you'll have to wait for the effect to disappear before befriending another monster.
A befriended monster will cease fighting and will leave all of its loot behind. If that monster is encountered again during the duration of the effect (which is said to last a day or so,) there will be neither be a fight nor loot of any kind.
Few things to note:
- Special monsters (Questing, Wealthy, Healing, etc) are technically not defeated, so they won’t cast their usual upon-defeat curses or boons.
- Wanted monsters, however, will still give the proof (and just the proof) of their ‘death’, which makes them an easy target for these one-day friendships, though it's effective only once.
- A Godville Administrator will not give it's usual Invite to Godville if befriended, but either a Broken invite or a Surprising invite instead.
- Monsters with an associated artifact (e.g. Holykeeper and Holy Powercell) may give out that same artifact, so long as it's not wanted.
- Befriending the target monster of Godville Times' Know your Monster will have no effect on the find the %monster% mini-quest, and the target monster will still appear as the boss of the quest.