Aura of totemism
|Aura of totemism|
|Effect||Various blessings by the almighty Totem Monster|
The aura can also be obtained by solving the Godville Times' daily crossword puzzle. It has been observed that the totem monster does not actually have to be in the crossword puzzle for the aura to appear. The most likely explanation is that the heroes confuse their totem monster's species for one that does appear in the puzzle. The resulting overwhelming surge of misplaced pride and guild loyalty then causes the aura to form.
The precise effects of the aura are currently under investigation, but random, unconfirmed effects seem to include:
- Monster running away from the hero
- Some monsters may recognize the aura and immediately sacrifice themselves, restoring 25 to 31% of godpower.
- The totem monster, when granting the aura, may also restore some godpower (up to 47%)
- Stronger attacks in battles; damage improves slightly
- Higher accuracy of attacks
- Increased generosity from traders
- Increased health regeneration
References and Footnotes
- Meeting the totem monster does not automatically mean the hero gets this aura, however. It is widely believed that this happens only when your hero has attained the rank of Cardinal or greater in the guild in question. When the hero's rank is below that, he will receive some other benefit instead. For example, the phrase "Wow, the Devil's Advocate guild totem is ahead! Had a prayer for it and for the Omnipotent One." results in the hero obtaining additional godpower from the encounter - but no aura.
|Standard Auras||Abstinence • Audibility • Baiting • Bliss • Confusion • Curiosity • Hoarding • Huckstering • Hunting • Immortality • Pacifism • Rage • Saving • Spookiness • Totemism • Trail|
|Event Auras||Censorship • Overcensorship • ██████████|